Isotropix Forums

Substance Painter

Clarisse related tips and tricks

Substance Painter

Unread postby pixeluvw » Wed May 10, 2017 12:03 am

Hi everyone​!
Does anyone know any workflow of Substance Painter => Clarisse? I tried to find out what map goes to Clarisse pbr inputs but my results are weird. I tried different combinations of pbr outputs (roughness/metal and specular/glossiness).
Any help would be great!!!
pixeluvw

Re: Substance Painter

Unread postby isoyann » Wed May 10, 2017 10:04 am

Hi,

You can start with the arnold preset, which is based on a diffuse/specular/roughness model, and use the maps with the new PBR standard shader, then tweak the roughness/specular values with a gradient, to match the substance painter look. Better support is planned for future, but for now this is the best approach.

Thanks!
isoyann

Unread postby pixeluvw » Wed May 10, 2017 11:00 am

thanks for your help.
Although, what Will be a good choice of material to use for concrete surface? Knowing that I have specular, height (normal) detail and roughness.
pixeluvw

Unread postby isoyann » Tue May 16, 2017 3:49 pm

Hi,

I forgot to mention the new standard shader will only be available in the 3.5 release (soon, hopefullly). Currently, you need connect a diffuse material and a reflection material to the first layers of a layered material. Connect your specular to the reflection layer weight, the roughness to the reflection roughness, and the height to a bump texture connected to the normal input of the layered material..

Thanks,

Yann
isoyann

Unread postby pixeluvw » Tue May 16, 2017 6:58 pm

Salut Yann,
Could you please attach an image how you would do it ? And I have an other question; How can I use a mask to show what is metal and what is dielectric ? My source map is metalic roughness workflow and I use an Id map.
Thanks
pixeluvw

Unread postby isoyann » Wed May 17, 2017 12:50 pm

Hi,

Here is an example file, (grayscale roughness values may need to be adjusted with a gradient set to "input" mode to match better), you can use this setup with your own maps/objects..

Cheers,

Yann

paintertest.zip
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 13 times

example.jpg
isoyann

Return to Tips and Tricks