Isotropix Forums

Crash with particles and deformer displacement on a plane

You think you may have found a bug? Please post it here.

Crash with particles and deformer displacement on a plane

Unread postby Vincent » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:13 pm

Hello,

Clarisse 3.5 crashes when I want to change the spans of a plane which has a displacement in the deformer input. Combined with a point_cloud and scatterer set on collision. If I disable the point_cloud and scatterer I can change the span of the plane without crashing. But if I turn the point_cloud back on it will crash again. I hope this can be solved quickly or an idea with some work around. Thanks you in advanced.

Cheers,
Vincent
Vincent

Re: Crash with particles and deformer displacement on a plan

Unread postby fjutel » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:26 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the report. We haven't reproduced your problem for the moment. Could you send us a simple project ?

Regards,
Florent Jutel
Isotropix
Clarisse QA
fjutel

Unread postby Vincent » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:08 pm

Hi,

I dived more into the problem and the crash happens when I turn on a 4K sample texture map in the particle node. Can you add that to your reproduced test? My plane is set to 800,800. If that don't reproduce the crash I will send you an example but it will take some time.

So what I have now, A Clarisse plane with 800x800 spans with a deformer displacement. PointCloud (50000 points) with a sampling texture (4K). Than a scatter node with collision detection and a simple sphere as a scatter object. The scatter node has several geometry's alembics that scatters onto the plane.

Thanks
Vincent

Unread postby adomon » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Hi Vincent

The crash your're mentioning is probably fixed in the next release candidate. It seems that the source of the issue is the sampling texture of the point cloud combined with a deformed geometry. We managed to reproduce your crash on the first release candidate with a simple grid deformed having a lot of spans, and it seems to be ok since our latest fixes on the point cloud sampling texture.

Could you please warn us if you don't crash anymore with the next release candidate (coming soon) ?

Thanks for your feedback

Antoine
adomon

Unread postby Vincent » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:55 am

Thank you Antoine. It's nice to hear that you find the problem. I hope this update is coming soon. Do you now when? That will help a lot! I warn you guys if the problem occurs in the new update. Have a nice day!
Vincent

Unread postby adomon » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:08 am

Actually you can already download it! The fix is available on 3.5 RC2

Thanks

Antoine
adomon

Unread postby Vincent » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:30 pm

Thanks for the update! I tested the new update and it works perfect now. Have a nice day!
Vincent

Return to Bugs