Isotropix Forums

Picking session

Clarisse Scripting related topics

Re: Picking session

Unread postby atnreg » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:34 pm

sam wrote:Unfortunately it's not going to be fixed in SP7. The order isn't preserved when selecting items using the Browser/Explorer. The bug lies within this two widgets. Honestly, this has been there for ages and no one has ever reported it until now. So it seems it's far to be a critical issue.

Too bad.
But then PLEASE make easy-to-use wrappers for the pick functions, Clarisse is great with simplified Python API but otherwise it is very complicated and without debugger very hard to get working when you are not familiar with C++...

Antti
Intel i7(6-core),32GB RAM,NVIDIA GTX690 (2GPU)+GTX Titan Black,Win10Pro 64bit
Clarisse 3.5RC2,Blender,(3D-Coat,ZBrush,Lightwave+Octane etc.)
Clarisse since 2016-09-29, Python since 2016-11-10 (Clarisse Py 2017-01-04)
I do all 3D stuff for fun, no business
atnreg

Re: Picking session

Unread postby atnreg » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:51 pm

sam wrote:Unfortunately it's not going to be fixed in SP7. The order isn't preserved when selecting items using the Browser/Explorer. The bug lies within this two widgets. Honestly, this has been there for ages and no one has ever reported it until now. So it seems it's far to be a critical issue.

Sadly, it still isn't fixed even in SP8 :(
That would make many simple scripts very easy to make and use so PLEASE fix it ASAP, it shouldn't be very complicated (or maybe it is but important anyway) :)
The last seems to work and that is of course better than totally random order but still the real order would make scripting a lot easier.

Thank you!

Antti
Intel i7(6-core),32GB RAM,NVIDIA GTX690 (2GPU)+GTX Titan Black,Win10Pro 64bit
Clarisse 3.5RC2,Blender,(3D-Coat,ZBrush,Lightwave+Octane etc.)
Clarisse since 2016-09-29, Python since 2016-11-10 (Clarisse Py 2017-01-04)
I do all 3D stuff for fun, no business
atnreg

Previous

Return to Scripting