Isotropix Forums

"Hypnagogic City"

Finished work (VFX, animation, print...) made with Clarisse.

Re: "Hypnagogic City"

Unread postby Germanobanano » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:42 am

brilliant!

please please please do a stereo version! or even a stereo 360 for vr!
Germanobanano

Unread postby irradiance_cash » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:42 pm

Another great and typical Borrett, interesting to see you using now Clarisse. Can you share a bit of your experience regarding workflow and performance compared to Modo ?

cheers

Erik
irradiance_cash

Unread postby David_A » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:33 am

This is an awesome piece of art! Amazing and inspiring!!
David_A

Unread postby yonderbean » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:16 pm

Thanks for all the comments!

Workflow compared to modo - well as far as layout and heavy scenes goes, there really is no comparison. Modo has improved in recent versions for heavy scenes, but it has nothing on Clarisse in that department. The only drawback of Clarisse for me is that I'm not quite able to achieve the same finesse in the shading department than I can with Modo. Hopefully I'll get there with more practice.

I'm known for my replicator work in modo, and Clarisse narrowly edges out modo in that department with it's scatterers, partly because it can handle so much more geometry and you can see it all without bounding boxes.

One thing I prefer in modo in general is the viewport navigation and transform tools - feels smoother and more refined in modo, especially when using a tablet. Modo has a lot of little UI features that I miss when I'm in Clarisse.

In general though Modo and Clarisse are great team!

irradiance_cash wrote:Another great and typical Borrett, interesting to see you using now Clarisse. Can you share a bit of your experience regarding workflow and performance compared to Modo ?

cheers

Erik
yonderbean

Unread postby irradiance_cash » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:37 am

Thanks for your answer. Yes, your renderings with Clarisse look different than the Modo ones, looks like Clarisse has more local contrast and finer aa.
irradiance_cash

Unread postby bvz2000 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:35 pm

This is simple amazing. The attention to detail is beyond much of what I am used to seeing. Fantastic work!
bvz2000

Previous

Return to Finished Work