Isotropix Forums

Render node installation. Best practices

General Discussion about Isotropix and CG related topics

Render node installation. Best practices

Unread postby luxvfx » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:54 pm

Hello all,

I'm wondering if there's a better way to maintain versions on our render nodes. Manually installing on all nodes in a farm is unpleasant and a waste of time!

Thank you in advance.
luxvfx

Re: Render node installation. Best practices

Unread postby sam » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:47 am

Hi there,

Clarisse doesn't need to be installed on each machine. It can be run directly over the network.
Best,
Sam Assadian
Isotropix
CEO/Founder
sam

Unread postby jandersunstar » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Like Sam says, you just need to install it in one machine. I use Rush to send the renders, I use the DOS-Batch script and this is what I use to send the render:

Code: Select all
set CLARISSE_PATH="\\SILENCIO\3sp7"
set CLARISSE_CFG="\\SILENCIO\cfg\clarisseRUSH.cfg"
set CLARISSE_FILE="//URZA/Assets/Crowd/FuseCrowd/Clarisse/rendering/TestingCrowd_v03.render"
set CLARISSE_LAYERA="scene/image"

"%CLARISSE_PATH%/crender" "%CLARISSE_FILE%" -image %CLARISSE_LAYERA% -verbose -frame %BATCH_START% %BATCH_END% -license_server krynn:40500 -config_file %CLARISSE_CFG% -log_width 180 -stats

I have Clarisse installed in the computer SILENCIO, I share the Clarisse folder (C:\Program Files\Isotropix\Clarisse iFX 3.0 SP7\Clarisse) with the version of it in the name, in this case 3sp7, in this way I can I use the version of Clarisse that the project was build in.

Image.png
jandersunstar

Unread postby sam » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:13 pm

Thanks for sharing Luis!
Sam Assadian
Isotropix
CEO/Founder
sam

Unread postby luxvfx » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:20 pm

jandersunstar wrote:Like Sam says, you just need to install it in one machine. I use Rush to send the renders, I use the DOS-Batch script and this is what I use to send the render:

Code: Select all
set CLARISSE_PATH="\\SILENCIO\3sp7"
set CLARISSE_CFG="\\SILENCIO\cfg\clarisseRUSH.cfg"
set CLARISSE_FILE="//URZA/Assets/Crowd/FuseCrowd/Clarisse/rendering/TestingCrowd_v03.render"
set CLARISSE_LAYERA="scene/image"

"%CLARISSE_PATH%/crender" "%CLARISSE_FILE%" -image %CLARISSE_LAYERA% -verbose -frame %BATCH_START% %BATCH_END% -license_server krynn:40500 -config_file %CLARISSE_CFG% -log_width 180 -stats

I have Clarisse installed in the computer SILENCIO, I share the Clarisse folder (C:\Program Files\Isotropix\Clarisse iFX 3.0 SP7\Clarisse) with the version of it in the name, in this case 3sp7, in this way I can I use the version of Clarisse that the project was build in.

Image.png

That is incredibly helpful information, thank you! I'll do some work to replicate this using Deadline.

In the meantime Sam can you perhaps point me in the direction of some more details documentation for administrators? I did read through the User Guide for both 3.0 and 3.5 and found myself wanting more detail on a some of the topics to paint a more complete picture in my mind.

Thank you in advance.
luxvfx

Return to General Discussion