Isotropix Forums

Houdini Engine for Clarisse !

Re: Houdini Engine for Clarisse !

Unread postby atnreg » Thu May 03, 2018 6:31 am

sam wrote:Antti, our policy is to let 3rd parties integrate their products to our software not the way around.

Then there is no hope :(
If I have understood correctly Houdini is only supporting Maya/Max/Unity and other software needs 3rd party developers to make support. So as you say the same, we will never get it...

Antti
Antti
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990wx (32c/64t),64GB RAM,NVIDIA GTX 1080ti,Win10
Clarisse 4.0SP4c,Houdini,Blender2.80,Fusion360,Onyx,ZBrush,SubstPnt...
Started: Clarisse 2016/10 (Py 2017/01), Python 2016/11
No business, just fun :)
atnreg

Unread postby vinyvince » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:21 am

Actually Sam i totally respect and understand your policy.

Now i could only see a tremendous boost for Clarisse to reconsider this on another angle. And do an effort encourage and even in Houdini's case put a hand to build these bridges a reality which should be as smooth and transparent as possible. I could bet if this was a reality, and based to many discussion i have myself with Highend VFX studio which were considering Clarisse, his popularity and sold license selling will double at least.

Especially for smaller studio which can't afford a large team of Coding and scripting team .

Just my opinion, my old friend Sam, think about it please again :)

vince*

Vincent Thomas (VFX and Art since 1998)
Senior Lighting Lookdev / Env DigiMatte Artist / Creative Designer VFX supervisor
http://fr.linkedin.com/in/vincentthomas (available Mid June)

sam wrote:Antti, our policy is to let 3rd parties integrate their products to our software not the way around.
vinyvince

Unread postby sam » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:03 pm

We simply won't reconsider as there is a lot more involved here than just software development (3rd party software agreements/licensing/support related issues/marketing etc...)

Believe me, if the great guys at SideFX see there's a market, I'm sure they will start working on it.
Sam Assadian
Isotropix
CEO/Founder
sam

Previous

Return to Feature Requests Archives