Isotropix Forums

[Released] Clarisse Survival Kit

Find useful scripts shared by the community here

Re: [Released] Clarisse Survival Kit

Unread postby ayanik » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:15 pm

Hi 451549728,

I had similar issues. Since they happen randomly I can't do anything about it. I think Clarisse and Python don't work well together sometimes. The GUI widgets also sometimes do not draw. Maybe the devs are aware of this.

I have been busy with a brand new importer that runs the UI outside of the clarisse environment via Qt and it will communicate via the command port. I think that will run more stable.
ayanik

Unread postby 451549728 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:26 pm

ayanik wrote:Hi 451549728,

I had similar issues. Since they happen randomly I can't do anything about it. I think Clarisse and Python don't work well together sometimes. The GUI widgets also sometimes do not draw. Maybe the devs are aware of this.

I have been busy with a brand new importer that runs the UI outside of the clarisse environment via Qt and it will communicate via the command port. I think that will run more stable.

Thanks for your reply,i will keep an eye on your work.

Unread postby Ken_M » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:02 pm

Hi,
Thank you very much for making the kit. I have a bit of a dumb question...

I was experiencing some problems with both exporting a 'project archive' to foxrender and importing a large megascans library project into another (materials previously attached to megascans assets suddenly disappear from the project and aren't connected properly)

I seem to be winding up with some weird path issues that I don't quite understand... and some of the paths are occurring in the the midst of using the megascans import script:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5125&start=10

My messages there go over the problem. For some reason my file has paths like this (with double slash):

TextureMapFile {
name "Tree_Stump_qdyf7_8K_3d_ms_preview"
#version 0.97
#created 1569028389
#modified 1569028389
projection 6
filename "C:\\Users\\Ken\\Desktop\\ART\\RESOURCE\\QUIXEL MEGASCANS\\Tree_Stump_qdyf7_8K_3d_ms\\Tree_Stump_qdyf7_3d_Preview.png"

and paths like this:

TextureMapFile {
name "ibl_tx"
#version 0.97
#created 1569034189
#modified 1569034189
projection 5
filename "D:/z brush resources/HDRI/328-free-hdri-skies-com/328-free-hdri-skies-com.hdr"
frame_rate 24
color_space_auto_detect no
file_color_space "linear"
pre_multiplied no
interpolation_mode 1
mipmap_filtering_mode 1

I don't know why the same file has them mixed together... but when exporting a 'project archive' to foxrender many of the paths with double slash are never successfully transposed into $PDIR paths.
My assumption this also caused the project import issues with missing textures when I import one project into another.

Is there some setting that I've mucked up that causes your script to generate double slashes instead of just "/" ?

It seems like if I go into the path manager and change all \\ and \ into / it allows me to export project archives to foxrender properly.

Apologies if this is something I've done outside of using your script that I've messed up and it has nothing to do with your script.

Thank you for your time,

Ken

EDIT:
Something that I've encountered using the megascans import is that the geo gets paths like this:

filename "C:/Users/Ken/Desktop/ART/RESOURCE/QUIXEL MEGASCANS/00 PURCHASED/Downloaded/3d/edible_baked goods_tkdldehiw/tkdldehiw_High.abc"

While the maps for that geo look like this:

C:\\Users\\Ken\\Desktop\\ART\\RESOURCE\\QUIXEL MEGASCANS\\00 PURCHASED\\Downloaded\\3d\\edible_baked goods_tkiibfwiw\\tkiibfwiw_Preview.png"

I'm on windows using Clarisse 4.0 SP5b (although I can't remember all the different versions I've used while building my megascans library as a clarisse file)
Ken_M

Unread postby ayanik » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:50 pm

Hi Ken,

Thank you for the feedback. I noticed Clarisse on Windows doesn't use the Windows OS style slashes, but expects them to be /. I think that's what may break the project archive script. I don't get any double \\ after import so that might happen because of the project archive script.

I recommend you to fix the slashes manually untill I fix this. Since I am in the middle of developing the upcoming version of the kit I will leave it like this and change this for the next version.
ayanik

Unread postby Ken_M » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:22 am

Hi Ayanik,
Thanks very much for the response and taking a look at my issue. I really appreciate it.
Good luck with the new release. I'll look forward to it :)
Ken_M

Unread postby Ken_M » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:05 am

Hi,
I keep getting this error when I try to convert textures to TX using the survival kit. Clarisse crashes completely when I try to convert any kind of megascan opacity map to tx.

00:11:26 Traceback (most recent call last):
00:11:26 File "<string>", line 65, in run
00:11:26 File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\clarisse_survival_kit\utility.py", line 790, in convert_tx
00:11:26 tx = toggle_map_file_stream(tx, ix=ix)
00:11:26 File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\clarisse_survival_kit\utility.py", line 688, in toggle_map_file_stream
00:11:26 replace_connections(out_tx, tx, source_item=source_item, ignored_attributes=['runtime_materials', ], ix=ix)
00:11:26 File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\clarisse_survival_kit\utility.py", line 624, in replace_connections
00:11:26 parent_obj = attr.get_parent_object()
00:11:26 File "C:/Program Files/Isotropix/Clarisse iFX 4.0 SP8/Clarisse/python\framework.py", line 883, in __getattr__
00:11:26 found_attr = attr.__getattribute__(name)
00:11:26 AttributeError: 'OfObject' object has no attribute 'get_parent_object'
00:11:26

It still happens sometimes if I skip the opacity map.

EDIT: It doesn't happen much with the regular 3D assets... mainly the maps that come with the 3D plant atlas stuff.

Thanks for the help.
Ken_M

Unread postby ayanik » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:33 pm

Hi Ken. Unfortunately I have lost a huge portion of my update several months ago because of drive failure. It kind of ruined all fun for me and to make it worse I also lost interest in using Clarisse. All tools I built were kind of a hobby that somehow got out of hand.
At the moment I don't have any plans anymore to update the survival kit. I'm sorry for the issues it has caused you.

If you want to preconvert your textures before importing to tx I can recommend you this utility:
https://gumroad.com/l/pycocs
ayanik

Previous

Return to Useful Community Scripts