Isotropix Forums

[Released] Clarisse Survival Kit

Find useful scripts shared by the community here

Re: [Released] Clarisse Survival Kit

Unread postby ayanik » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:24 pm

Hi Philipp you might have read over it but the readme clearly mentions 2.7 and links to the 2.7 download in the readme.

Thanks for the compliments :). Aleks (Desmond on the forums) helped me a lot.
ayanik

Unread postby Preludian » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:22 pm

Hi, nono, I have read that it's for 2.7 but I had 3.5 installed first and now installed 2.7 for the Kit. But having environment variables for both versions, your setup script wanted to use 3.5. I removed the env vars for 3.5 to be able to install your Kit, but it would enhance the compatibility if you would distinctively call 2.7 like shown in the Blog that I added a linked to.

And thanks to Desmond for helping you out :)
Preludian

Unread postby ayanik » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:33 pm

Preludian wrote:Hi, nono, I have read that it's for 2.7 but I had 3.5 installed first and now installed 2.7 for the Kit. But having environment variables for both versions, your setup script wanted to use 3.5. I removed the env vars for 3.5 to be able to install your Kit, but it would enhance the compatibility if you would distinctively call 2.7 like shown in the Blog that I added a linked to.

And thanks to Desmond for helping you out :)

Sorry I must have misunderstood it, I thought you had accidentally installed 3.5. I had a lot of those support questions lately.

Good call. I will for sure add this to the script in the next update.
ayanik

Unread postby Preludian » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:05 pm

No problem, I can imagine that the support need gets overwhelming even though your installation instructions are very well done and more than anyone can expect.
Keep up the good work and hopefully the great guys&gals from Isotropix will support you even more :)
Preludian

Unread postby Ken_M » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:48 am

What's happening if the 'import asset' isn't properly assigning materials to the correct the shader group?

I followed your tutorial with the meetmatt model from Substance Painter in your video, but the textures for the head just get generically dumped on every shader group of the whole model. The body, base, etc.

https://vimeo.com/315088494

meetmatt no work.JPG

I put different materials on each part in substance painter, but the wood from the head shading group is being dumped across the whole model for some reason.
I was careful and made sure to select all the same settings you did in the tutorial as you were exporting from substance painter.

Thank you for the help!
Ken_M

Unread postby ayanik » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:49 pm

Hi Ken,

The import asset script by default imports 1 material. If multiple textures exist in the same folder with the same type(like displacement) my script won't make a material for each. Megascans for example have jpgs and exr in the same folder, my script picks the textures with the highest quality and assigns them to one material. With UDIMs however you can load multiple "materials" onto one object.

In the video I have changed the meetmat object so it has 3 UDIM tiles. The UDIM textures get properly mapped to each part. I don't have any time right now to fully explain how to do UDIMs, but I am sure you can find good information on it somewhere.

If you need multiple materials and you don't want to use UDIMs you need to save the textures of each shading group in a separate directory and import them one by one. You will need to assign the materials manually.
ayanik

Unread postby Ken_M » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:41 am

Thanks very much Ayanik,
I appreciate all the info. I'll go research UDIMs now :)

Thank you very much for making the survival kit. It works great for my megascans stuff.
Ken_M

Unread postby bbuxton » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:53 am

Really straightforward to get this amazing kit installed on Windows but on MacOs I'm chasing my tail.
The shelf loads but none of the buttons work.
The error I get is
00:00:07 Traceback (most recent call last):
00:00:07 File "<string>", line 2, in <module>
00:00:07 ImportError: No module named clarisse_survival_kit.settings
00:00:07
It would be great to know where I have gone wrong installing this kit on MacOs
bbuxton

Unread postby desmond » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:37 am

Read up on github page, Mac is a bit specific, you have to install it with the system version of python.
https://github.com/aydinyanik/clarisse_survival_kit

Option 3 (OSX users should use this method): Setup.py
NOTICE: OSX users should open their clarisse.env file and locate their Python installation before running one of the following commands. The commands must be run with the Python installation that is used by Clarisse. By default it should be somewhere in /System/Library and not /Library.

Download the zip by clicking the big green button, extract the files and run the following command via terminal/command prompt:
python setup.py install

The shelf will automatically be updated and backed up. If the installation does not install the shelf correctly you can find a shelf_installation.log file in your Isotropix/VERSION/ user folder.
desmond

Unread postby bbuxton » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:48 am

Hello Desmond
Thank you so much for responding.
Yes I've read this. The System/Library/Frameworks etc is the correct place but recent versions of MacOs restrict permissions there. So While the site-packages folder gets written to the Library/Frameworks/ etc path it does not get written to System/Library/Frameworks etc....
I have no idea how to get around this.
Brian
bbuxton

PreviousNext

Return to Useful Community Scripts