Isotropix Forums

[Released] Clarisse Survival Kit

Find useful scripts shared by the community here

Re: [Released] Clarisse Survival Kit

Unread postby desmond » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:17 am

You should not have any problems installing it there. Weird.
Can you jump on Clarisse Discord so we can run trough this please? You can DM me once there so we can check this out together.
link: https://discord.gg/he8QTvD

edit:
Mac OS X users,
issue was solved with invoking sudo and calling right version of python from the unzipped clarisse csk folder like so:
Code: Select all
sudo /System/Library/frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python setup.py install
desmond

Unread postby Michael9295 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:02 am

Hi I really love the kit, but i'm having trouble using it. If I use the megascans bridge it gives an error following; 'Command port creation failed, please check that port '55000' isn't already used.' The model doesn't get imported or something
Michael9295

Unread postby Michael9295 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:05 am

Hi i'm having trouble using the megascans bridge script. It looks like it is communicating well and it does export from bridge, but nothing is coming into the scene in clarisse. I only get this error message; Command port creation failed, please check that port '55000' isn't already used.'
The installation went fine and nothing went wrong. I cannot figure out what's wrong.
Michael9295

Unread postby bvaldes » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:43 am

Hi,

The command port allow external scripts to execute python code inside of Clarisse. The error tells you that the command port is not enabled or is not on port 55000. To enable the command port, open Clarisse and go in the preferences>Command Port and check the enabled checkbox.

Regards
Benoit VALDES
Isotropix
Clarisse QA
bvaldes

Unread postby ayanik » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:33 pm

I've added a new script to the kit which allows you to import (tiled) heightmaps. Each tile can have different quality settings to optimize the scene. I used SeExpr so it's not backwards compatible with older versions.

Overview video:
https://vimeo.com/332546691
ayanik

Unread postby mirandah » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:19 pm

Really thanks for the script, but i stuck on the variables edit screen. I am under Win 7, and nothing looks the same :(
dont know if i must add a New Entry or Edit. Cause if i click on Edit. It looks differently from the image.

mirandah

Unread postby ayanik » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:48 am

Hi Mirandah!

Could you join the Discord server? I will guide you through the steps there. I think in older Windows versions you had to separate each entry with a ; symbol and put them all in 1 field.

https://discord.gg/he8QTvD
ayanik

Unread postby santhoshkoneru » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:24 pm

It looks like an awesome plugin. I tried installing, following the instructions...but I keep getting a syntax error. I have attached the error log image below.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
santhoshkoneru

Unread postby ayanik » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:13 pm

Wow I only just got the e-mail via the forum notification mailer. Even though I answered your question already two days ago via vimeo/e-mail I will post the answer here for other people.

The problem was that you should not install Python 3.x. Clarisse and my script only work with Python 2.7 (64bits).
ayanik

Previous

Return to Useful Community Scripts