Isotropix Forums

File menu only shows "Quit"

You think you may have found a bug? Please post it here.

File menu only shows "Quit"

Unread postby midnightmangler » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:23 am

Dear Forum

As the subject line says I have no menubar. I have a File menu with only one option.

I edited my env file to point to my python install. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

PYTHONHOME=e:\Python27
PYTHONPATH=e:\Python27\Lib;e:\Python27\DLLs;e:\Python27\Lib\lib-tk
ILISE_SERVER=127.0.0.1:40500
IX_SHELF_CONFIG_FILE=E:/Isotropix/Clarisse iFX 3.0/Clarisse/shelves/shelf.cfg
IX_SHELF_SCRIPT_PATH=
IX_SHELF_ICON_PATH=
IX_MENU_CONFIG_FILE=E:/Isotropix/Clarisse iFX 3.0/Clarisse/python/menus/init_menus.py
IX_MENU_SCRIPT_PATH=
IX_MENU_ICON_PATH=
IX_RESOLUTION_PRESET=
midnightmangler

Re: File menu only shows "Quit"

Unread postby fjutel » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:31 am

Hi,

You should have a pop up warning when starting Clarisse 3.0 (or something in the log), could you send us its contents ?

Regards,
Florent Jutel
Isotropix
Clarisse QA
fjutel

Unread postby zysnow » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:46 pm

i have the exact problem here, just the file menu with a quit option?
zysnow

Unread postby guillaume » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:41 am

Hi,

Clarisse menus are using Python and if it's not correctly found or loaded, the "Quit" menu is only displayed. This problem probably happen when Python is not installed or can't locate a correct installation of it on the machine. Maybe, you can check PYTHONHOME and PYTHONPATH in the clarisse.env file to match the custom installation of your system.

You'll find more information on clarisse.env file on http://www.clarissewiki.com/common/configuration_and_environment.html

If you already have a Python installed or a custom Python installation, can you please check if your installation is a 64bit version by taping on a command line "python" ?
You should have a message like : Python 2.7.2 (default, Jun 12 2011, 14:24:46) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] on win 32.

I hope this will help.
Cheers,
Guillaume
Isotropix
R&D Engineer
guillaume

Unread postby support_team » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:58 am

When installing Clarisse, it should have requested you to install Python. Have you checked, Install for all users?
Isotropix
Support Team
support_team

Unread postby zysnow » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:43 am

Yes, the menu problem can be solved by adding C:\python27 to the PATH environment variable.
zysnow

Unread postby millansky » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:05 pm

Solved it by reinstalling Phyton, and this time checked option for "all users" during installation.
millansky

Unread postby revilo3d » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:20 am

FYI, None of the above really worked for me.

I could only get it going when I manually added PYTHONHOME and PYTHONPATH to my system environment. I did not wish to install Python 2.7.5 with the installer as my system was already configured with Python 2.7.12.

Clarisse.env does not appear to set the environments at all. Any idea why this would not be working as expected?

I am using Clarisse 3.0 SP1 PLE, 64bit Python running on windows 10. Both app and python are in custom install locations with the following paths C:\apps\<application>\<version>\...
revilo3d

Unread postby julien » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:55 am

Hi,
There is no issue in using 2.7.12, we just provide a minimal version (from VFX platforms recommendations).
Clarisse does read the windows registry to look for python installation folders, but depending on how you installed python the information may be missing in the windows registry, letting the clarisse.env with wrong information.

Are you sure you edit the clarisse.env located in %USER%/Isotropix/Clarisse/3.0/clarisse.env ?
Because you can find other clarisse.env files if you have other clarisse installation or also one in clarisse installation folder which should not be modified.

Setting an environment variable could be the way to go depending on what you prefer, we try to read environment variable first and the we read the clarisse.env file if none exist.

Regards
julien

Unread postby ronlar » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:47 pm

guillaume wrote:If you already have a Python installed or a custom Python installation, can you please check if your installation is a 64bit version by taping on a command line "python" ?
You should have a message like : Python 2.7.2 (default, Jun 12 2011, 14:24:46) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] on win 32.

Can you confirm to us that Clarisse definitely needs a 64-bit version of Python 2.7 to work? 32-bit Python will not work?
ronlar

Next

Return to Bugs Archive