Isotropix Forums

Crash on undo with particle paint (3.5RC2 too)

You think you may have found a bug? Please post it here.

Crash on undo with particle paint (3.5RC2 too)

Unread postby atnreg » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:16 pm

Hi!

I have tried it many times but it seems always if you paint some particles and then try to undo, Clarisse crashes. This applies to 3.5 RC2 as well.

Please fix this soon :)

Thanks!

Antti
Intel i7(6-core),32GB RAM,NVIDIA GTX690 (2GPU)+GTX Titan Black,Win10Pro 64bit
Clarisse 3.5SP2,Blender,ZBrush,Onyx,(3D-Coat,Lightwave+Octane...)
Clarisse since 2016-09-29 (Py 2017-01-04), Python since 2016-11-10
I do all 3D stuff for fun, no business
atnreg

Re: Crash on undo with particle paint (3.5RC2 too)

Unread postby bvaldes » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:24 pm

Hello,

We haven't reproduced your issue at the moment. Could you please give us more information: the step to reproduce or even a video?
Moreover, we found another issue: The first undo so not work. This can be linked, so I 've added an issue (#7039) about that.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the report.
Benoit VALDES
Isotropix
Clarisse QA
bvaldes

Unread postby atnreg » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:49 pm

We haven't reproduced your issue at the moment. Could you please give us more information: the step to reproduce or even a video?

-start empty scene
-add polygrid
-use toolbar Scattering/Scatterer Paint
-paint some particles
-undo
Clarisse 'thinks' for a moment, progress view shows that it tries to re-calculate but then it crashes (and not the usual way where Clarisse says it needs to restart, in this case it's the system application crash dialog that appears).

This happens to me anywhere, any time I try to do undo on painted particles.

Moreover, we found another issue: The first undo so not work. This can be linked, so I've added an issue (#7039) about that.

That may be yes :)

Antti
atnreg

Unread postby bvaldes » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:09 am

Hi,

The issue come from the script in the shelf. We have reproduced your issue and created an ID(#7031).
To avoid this issue create a single container from the shelf "Particle Paint". Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards
Benoit VALDES
Isotropix
Clarisse QA
bvaldes

Unread postby atnreg » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:35 am

bvaldes wrote:Hi,

The issue come from the script in the shelf. We have reproduced your issue and created an ID(#7031).
To avoid this issue create a single container from the shelf "Particle Paint". Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards

Oh ok, yes if I do Particle/Create and then paint on it, no crash. But there I also see the other issue you mentioned, the first stroke is combined with the creation of the particle container and the first undo does nothing so it is not possible to only do undo for the particles, the whole container is gone too. But then, it would be empty so it is not that bad.
But best of all is that if I don't use the Scattering Paint toolbar button, it does not crash on undo :)

As the bug is in the script, could you please give fix to it until it will be fixed in the next update? :)
The script seems to do quite many helpful things so it would be nice to be able to use it.

And I also realized that this particle container is even better than just painting, it can be generated easily by any script, the particles are list of tuples, wow! I'll need to figure out/ask how to set the rotation, scale etc. but that belong to script area so enough of that for now :)

Thanks!

Antti
atnreg

Return to Bugs Archive