Isotropix Forums

wacom pen right click not supported

You think you may have found a bug? Please post it here.

wacom pen right click not supported

Unread postby jsmr » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:29 am

Hi there, right clicking with a wacom pen doesn't do anything in RC2. Right clicking with a mouse works, and the same pen in any other program works, but not in clarisse. I've tried switching Clarisse to 'force tablet' but it still doesn't respond. As mentioned before, the install of RC3 is broken for mac, so I don't know if you have fixed this in the latest release. Cheers
jsmr

Re: wacom pen right click not supported

Unread postby bvaldes » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:06 pm

Hi,

Could you tell us in which widget are you trying to right click? Browser, Material Editor...
It looks like a dead-zone issue when right Click with the tablet.

Regards
Benoit VALDES
Isotropix
Clarisse QA
bvaldes

Unread postby jsmr » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:34 pm

It happens when I right click in the browser. As it wasn't working, I haven't tried it anywhere else, but I can test it and get back to you if you think that's the case?

Thanks
jsmr

Unread postby sam » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:50 pm

Hi,

Right click on tablet needs some extra work when a widget handles an action during mouse drag. You should try on the material editor for which a dead zone is supported before initiating the drag. If it works then we will have to make some tweaks (and implement that dead zone) for others widgets.

The reason why it doesn't work is that when you right click you are slightly moving your hand (and the pen). This initiates a mouse drag when you expect a menu to appear.
Sam Assadian
Isotropix
CEO/Founder
sam

Return to Bugs Archive