Isotropix Forums

[Released] Clarisse Survival Kit

Find useful scripts shared by the community here

Re: [Released] Clarisse Survival Kit

Unread postby ayanik » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:40 pm

Thanks Démian.

I finally added Bridge support. You just have to run the blue Bridge button from the shelf and Megascans assets will transfer over. Make sure Command Port is enabled from the preferences. Meshes that are saved as FBX won't cross over though(their materials will). If there was an easy way to convert these I would like to add that functionality.

I also added a script to add Surfaces to an existing mix. Handy if you forgot to put snow/dirt on one or more items. All selectors except displacement will be reused because that one is unique per surface.

** Edit **
I found a bug with the Bridge application. If you transfer multiple items you will get multiple imports of the same item. The cause is the with the Bridge application. I had a chat with one of the Megascans devs and they will fix this in a upcoming version. For now just import one item per time.
ayanik

Unread postby ayanik » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:11 pm

I just tried out loading a project I did with 3.6 in the new 4.0 PLE. They have changed the MultiBlend texture and there seems to be no backwards compatibility. The materials which used a MultiBlend texture come in broken.
This also means the Mix, Moisten and Scatter script in my toolkit no longer work in 4.0.

Unfortunately I have no funds to upgrade to 4.0(my maintenance ran out half a year ago) and Python is crippled inside the PLE so I can't fix/test it.

The shelf installation script in my kit currently is restricted to only work with 3.5 and 3.6.
ayanik

Unread postby nguiard » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:50 pm

Hi,

The multiblend texture node in 4.0 is in fact a prototype of a new version that has been released by mistake.
We are going to release a patch in the coming days in order to fix this.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Nicolas Guiard
Isotropix
Head of R&D
nguiard

Unread postby speculart » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:20 am

Hi ayanik.
I am getting this when I run the blue bridge button
00:00:15 Exception in thread Thread-1:
00:00:15 Traceback (most recent call last):
00:00:15 File "C:\Python27\Lib\threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
00:00:15 self.run()
00:00:15 File "C:\Python27\Lib\threading.py", line 754, in run
00:00:15 self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
00:00:15 File "<string>", line 10, in run_script
00:00:15 NameError: global name 'PACKAGE_PATH' is not defined
00:00:15

EDIT: after a restart...running bridge button gives me a socket bound window.
Exporting an asset with custom export and the correct port does not seem to export anything to clarisse..even though the Bridge app says it is exported successfully.

Another Edit:
The import all and import scripts are FANTASTIC and just saved me DAYS of mind numbing labor. THANKS!
--got some crashes though.

FYI
I am using the 4.0b release with the fixed multiblend, but there still seems to be something not working in the scatterer. No multiblend is being made.
speculart

Unread postby ayanik » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:17 am

Darn I thought the multiblend was fixed. I can't test the kit in 4.0, because my maintenance ran out on 3.6 sp3 so unfortunately I can't do anything about it. As a hobbyist I don't have the funds to renew my maintenance.

Would it be possible for you to join the Clarisse discord server and private message me regarding your crashes? I want to iron out the bugs that are left.

https://discord.gg/he8QTvD

Regarding the Bridge. The PACKAGE_PATH variable is created on the first run, but it requires a restart. I should warn users for that. Also don't forget to enable the Command Port via the preferences. Without it my script cannot pass the incoming data from Bridge to Clarisse.
ayanik

Unread postby speculart » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:50 am

ahha.
Enabling the command port in the preferences worked a treat regarding the Bridge problem.
speculart

Unread postby ayanik » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:41 pm

Hi I just tested 4.0b with an evaluation license I got from the amazing support team and didn't find any issues with the MultiBlend node. I did find a small bug that may have caused the scatter script to terminate. When I parent the pointcloud to the object it sometimes(not often) throws this error:

Code: Select all
SetValues: The following attributes are invalid:
00:00:38    project://scene/point_cloud/cylinder_pc.parent.target

I will check and see if I can fix it.
ayanik

Unread postby ayanik » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:22 pm

I worked around the issue and hope it's fixed.

I also added Cavity map support today. There's also a texture converter I added a few days ago. If you convert to tx it will convert the maps to TextureStreamMapFiles automagically.
ayanik

Unread postby ayanik » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:13 pm

Updated the kit with 2 new scripts and fixed some small bugs.

Quick Blend
Select two or more items of type: Texture(any type), TextureNormalMap, Displacement, Physical Material(any Physical material) and your selection will be blended together with the appropiate blend or multiblend node.

This script will save you lots of time. Checkout the video below on how it works:
https://vimeo.com/319181380

Mask
Mask out selected blend nodes with common masking selectors. If nothing in the list is selected it will create just the masks.
mask.png
mask.png (10.16 KiB) Viewed 369 times

Also added a screenshot of the converter script:
converter.png
converter.png (15.2 KiB) Viewed 369 times
ayanik

Unread postby Preludian » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:50 pm

Hi ayanik, i Just installed your Kit. I had some quirks, because I had Python 3.5 installed, too and you didn't specify which version to use in your setup. For now I simply deleted the Python35 environment variables and the installation worked well.
Here's the read about how to setup for dual versions. https://blog.python.org/2011/07/python- ... ws_11.html
I don't know what Clarisse needs though?
Anyhow, not yet spent enough time to actually use your Kit but it seems like a HUGE time saver and fantastic tool, so many thanks for it just right now. I will give more feedback when I got time to use it.
Cheers
Philipp
Preludian

PreviousNext

Return to Useful Community Scripts