Isotropix Forums

Startup Order

Clarisse Scripting related topics

Startup Order

Unread postby mati » Fri May 10, 2019 12:17 am

I thought I read somewhere that the CLARISSE_STARTUP_SCRIPT executes after the Clarisse startup scene is loaded. My startup script tries to rename items and set attributes values, but it does not find the items when it executes.

Is that the right execution order? If so, is there maybe a way to wait until the startup scene has finished loading? Thanks!
mati

Re: Startup Order

Unread postby bvaldes » Fri May 10, 2019 9:12 am

Hi,

About the execution order, there is at first startup_script and then script. You can add extra argument when you launch Clarisse (use clarisse -help to know more). So if you want to load a project with Clarisse (or CNode) and then execute a script you have to launch a command like this:
Code: Select all
clarisse my_project.project -script my_script.py

You can also use the startup script to load a project and then do what ever you want.

Regards
Benoit VALDES
Isotropix
Clarisse QA
bvaldes

Unread postby mati » Fri May 10, 2019 6:28 pm

Thank you, Benoit. What about the Startup Scene from the Preferences->General->Startup Scene? That's the part that's giving me trouble. Where is that in the order?

Thank you.
mati

Unread postby bvaldes » Mon May 13, 2019 8:39 am

Hi,

User Launch Clarisse App -> Startup script is executed -> Scene is loaded (If you specify a project in the command: this one is loaded else the startup scene is loaded) -> script is executed

I hope this explain you the process.
Regards
Benoit VALDES
Isotropix
Clarisse QA
bvaldes

Unread postby mati » Mon May 13, 2019 6:56 pm

That clears it up. Thank you!
mati

Return to Scripting