Isotropix Forums

UI Table

Clarisse Scripting related topics

UI Table

Unread postby dane » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:47 am

I'm trying to make my own save/open pipe tools currently, the main things I'm trying to do is version up a file with a comment, I've got this working, where it prompts for a comment on versioning up and then saves this comment to a text file paired with the save version.

I'm thinking about an open dialog which lists the saved versions in a directory and next to each version the comment, read from the txt file possibly.

I cant see any examples of people using columns with the GUI api. Is it possible without using pyside?

Or possibly adjusting the normal open file dialog to have an extra column for file comments?

Thanks for any guidance, as always!
dane

Re: UI Table

Unread postby anemoff » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:49 pm

Hi,

Sorry for the late response.

Sadly the GuiSpreadsheet* classes are not available in the Python API. And there's no short-term ETA to add them.
Also, GuiFileBrowser columns can't be customized either.

If you really don't want or can't use PySide, you can try using GuiListView or GuiTree but it would be very limited to do what you want.
You could also create your own spreadsheet by managing the rows and columns by hand, but it's not very convenient.

Did you encounter limitations/problems with PySide? Or you just preferred to use Clarisse Python API?
If possible, I'd recommend using PySide for now. You'll have more possibilities for the UI.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Anthony Nemoff
Isotropix
R&D Engineer
anemoff

Re: UI Table

Unread postby dane » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:39 pm

No worries!

I thought as much, no problem using PySide, just had things mostly working already with your own GUI API, but not a big deal to remake the gui, this forces me to do it!

Thanks for the reply
dane

Return to Scripting