Isotropix Forums

Referenced point cloud properties not updated

Clarisse Scripting related topics

Referenced point cloud properties not updated

Unread postby jboissinot » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:39 pm

Hi,

Using the "reload()" function from OfFileReferenceContextEngine does work well to reload a referenced file as its objects are updated, and objects cutom attributes as well actually. However, I noticed that point cloud properties of a referenced file don't seem to be updated though.

Thought at first that it was related to some kind of display bug in the Property Editor that I've already discussed with Anthony, but actually found out that this was causing an issue when exporting such referenced file context as Alembic as I assume that the Alembic Exporter reads the point cloud properties that are maybe missing then?

Because of this, I could not really just reload the referenced files and ended up removing the context and re-creating the reference, thought it would be safer for now but was curious to have your thoughts on this.

Thanks,
Jeremy
jboissinot

Re: Referenced point cloud properties not updated

Unread postby anemoff » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:08 am

Hi Jeremy,

You've indeed found a bug. It seems that resources generated from the new file are considered as identical to the 1st file.

I've reproduced the bug by simply loading 2 versions of the same point cloud, where the 2nd one has an additional property: if you load file 1 then file 2, file 2 will have the same point cloud properties as file 1. And the other way around, if you load file 2 first, then file 1 has the same properties as file 2. In your case, if you update file 1 filename to use file 2, then properties aren't updated. On export, the export result corresponds to the file that was loaded first.

So for now, deleting and creating again the context is a good workaround.

I've created a bug report (#10780).

We'll keep you posted.
Anthony Nemoff
Isotropix
R&D Engineer
anemoff

Re: Referenced point cloud properties not updated

Unread postby jboissinot » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:11 pm

Hi Anthony,

It is indeed what I noticed during my tests as well. Thanks for the info regarding the bug and I'll keep this workaround solution for now.

Thanks,
Jeremy
jboissinot

Return to Scripting