Isotropix Forums

Referenced point cloud missing data after reloading

Clarisse Scripting related topics

Referenced point cloud missing data after reloading

Unread postby jboissinot » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:54 pm

Hi,

We've been having some quite weird issues with referenced point clouds which were loaded as referenced project files.
In fact, the point cloud in the project file was missing data (points and attributes) when being loaded in another scene, or even missing the same data when being reloaded while reopening a scene.

While I thought at first it was due to the point cloud reload issue that we already discussed (#10780), I had the chance to investigate the issue further to eventually find out that the size of the project file was quite different between the file exported with our export process compared to exporting via the File->Export->Context As Project menu.

While I was using the context.export_project() method, I noticed that the Clarisse export_context_as_project.py script uses ix.export_context_as_project(). As such, I revised it with this method which seems to be working fine, and was therefore curious to know if there is any difference between these two methods or if there's maybe some kind of bug in the context.export_project() implementation?

Thanks,
Jeremy
jboissinot

Re: Referenced point cloud missing data after reloading

Unread postby dcourtois » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:12 am

Hi,

To be sure I understand correctly: the problems you mention in the first 2 paragraphs are solved when using `ix.export_context_as_project()` instead of `context.export_project()`, right ? And you just wanted to know the difference between the 2 ?

Assuming the answer is yes: the `ix.export_context_as_project()` (and `ix.export_context_as_project_with_dependencies()` if needed) is the way to go. `OfContext.export_as_project` seems to be an old method which is no longer used internally.

Regards
Damien
dcourtois

Re: Referenced point cloud missing data after reloading

Unread postby jboissinot » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:57 pm

Hi Damien,

Indeed the problem is solved when using ix.export_context_as_project() and everything works fine.
Thanks for confirming that context.export_project() seems to be no longer supported and that ix.export_context_as_project() is the way to go.

Thanks,
Jeremy
jboissinot

Return to Scripting