Isotropix Forums

Landscape Study 001

Finished work (VFX, animation, print...) made with Clarisse.

Re: Landscape Study 001

Unread postby lafrance » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:04 pm

Thanks boof1zana. The volume in the water helps greatly: I messed with the dielectric shader for a while, still not happy with the results I was getting. More r&d on water is definitely on my list.
lafrance

Unread postby sergeisarichev4 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:08 pm

looks awesome, how did you shade the water?
sergeisarichev4

Unread postby nikolaysalutski » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:22 pm

brilliant! very interested in your method of bringing Evermotion assets into Clarisse
nikolaysalutski

Unread postby lafrance » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:27 pm

Thanks Guys!
Sergeisarichev4: There are two pieces of geo for the river, each a full water tight solid. one is a surface with a dielectric shader, the other is a volume. THe reflections are from the dielectric, the green murk from the volume. There was a thread on one of the forums about getting better water looks.. I looked at that first :)

Nikolaysalutski: I wrote a python script to import Evermotion assets. I started by hacking Jandersunstar's Megascans import script (thanks Jandersunstar!)
It works in a similar way: you hit the import button, find the .obj, the script brings it in, makes materials, assigns them, makes shading layer entries, etc.
I could post it if there is interest, but it would need to be modified to work for a general case: the format of where it puts things, how they are named, all that, is dependent upon having a very specific scene template in place beforehand.
lafrance

Previous

Return to Finished Work