Page 1 of 1

The Goat - case study

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:52 am
by hypnotic
Hi guys

This is a little case study we did to test a new workflow. We modeled/animate the goat in Blender we did the grooming/simulation in Houdini and the layout and render is Clarisse. Hope you like it.


Re: The Goat - case study

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:54 am
by Kramon
woah neat. altho i think the HDR could be more intresting to show more a bit fur and shaders it self. because now it is a bit flat.

Re: The Goat - case study

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:39 pm
by ambassador1
Everything looks great, fur and layout, but I agree with Kramon, the lighting sells the final image short, something I notice with the majority of the work on the hypnotic site, everything else it very detailed, but lighting sets the mood.

Re: The Goat - case study

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:15 pm
by hypnotic
Thanks, guys. I totally agree with you there is plenty of room for improvement. This is an asset from a little short that we are doing. Hope we will manage to get it right for the final.