Isotropix Forums

curve color correct node

General Discussion about Isotropix and CG related topics

curve color correct node

Unread postby RickToxik » Fri May 24, 2019 1:39 am

Hi guys!

Just to make sure I am not passing over something, is there any color / value correction node in the shaders of clarisse. Like the remap HSV or remap Value node in maya for example.

Thank you!
RickToxik

Re: curve color correct node

Unread postby sam » Fri May 24, 2019 1:52 am

Hi there,

I guess you are looking for the utility texture Remap.
In Clarisse application menu bar:
Create > Texture > Utility > Remap
Sam Assadian
Isotropix
CEO/Founder
sam

Unread postby RickToxik » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:04 am

Hi guys, thanks for the reply.

As I am exploring Clarisse, I see that everything can be customized via the "create custom attribute" option of a node. I have 2 questions about that, if anybody can point me in the right direction, I could not find the answer in the docs neither the forums.

1. How can I customize the texture nodes with custom attributes? Ultimately, with python or by adding custom attributes, I would like to create a custom node, a HSV node controlled by curves. It seems *so* doable by looking at the clarisse interface and material editor...

2. If I customize a node, will it pass on the farm? Is the custom node embedded in the Clarisse project?

Thanks for your help! If you have any tutorial or doc for that I would take a look as well.
RickToxik

Unread postby mdkai » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:44 am

Hi
1. I think you mix custom attributes with custom nodes.
A custom attribute is a parameter you can define and use with something external like a property from an alembic file or another internal attribute in clarisse. For example you can control the number of duplicates or a color.
Custom attributes are however limited to their type ..like boolean, float , Vector etc.. they can not replace full nodes or modify the existing classes of nodes (like a blackboxed version).

A custom node is something different and requires access to the sdk (which is not public yet) and c++ coding abilities. Here you may have the ability to write custom features or nodes as some companies with access to the SDK do.

2. The farm now's how to handle custom attributes as they get parsed over same as in clarisse when working.
Custom written nodes would require a farm to be updated with the customized module similar like a plugin in order to interpret the node as it is intended.

Overall what do you want to achieve? Maybe some peeps here can help with that.

Cheers
Kai
Join us at the Discord https://discord.gg/G5cJj9A
mdkai

Unread postby RickToxik » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:50 pm

Hi,

thank you very much for your help, it answers perfectly my question. Indeed, I don't want any custom node that would need extra configuration on the farm - even though I though maybe a custom node could just be embedded in the clarisse scene as let's say a standard class with extra attributes.

What I want to achieve precisely is a HSV node controlled by curves (one curve for hue, one for saturation and one for value). On top of that, I'd like to have a level section for min / max input and min / max output.

I'd like to write a compatible node for the maya node "remap HSV". At first I thought it would not be possible, but when I started to drop custom attributes in clarisse on all the nodes, it kind of opened a world of possible I thought haha. I know I could decompose the HSV node in multiple clarisse texture nodes, but it complexifies a lot my pipeline tools if I choose that route.

Thanks again for your input Kai!
RickToxik

Unread postby mdkai » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:18 pm

Ah okay so basically you want to rewire multiple nodes on a single control element

You could spawn a controller object and put the parameter on it
Code: Select all
ix.cmds.CreateObject("Controller", "ProjectItem")

It was used In the procedural building setup of Démian.
Join us at the Discord https://discord.gg/G5cJj9A
mdkai

Unread postby RickToxik » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:48 pm

Awesome.

Expressions are definitely a way to go for me I think. I'll watch the complete video and work on that. From what I can see at the moment, I could create curves (as custom attributes) on a color correct node, and link them with expression to my saturation and gain attributes; or use a controller like in the example, to drive 3 different (HSV) nodes in the material editor.

Nice! Thanks for your help.
RickToxik

Return to General Discussion