Isotropix Forums

Questions about the incomprehensibility of glass material

General Discussion about Isotropix and CG related topics

Re: Questions about the incomprehensibility of glass materia

Unread postby sam » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:33 pm

Increase the Total Maximum Depth. When you have the glass geometry on your scene, the path depth is already 2 before it enters the scene compared to when there isn't the glass geometry. Does this make sense?
Sam Assadian
Isotropix
CEO/Founder
sam

Unread postby Watchyato » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:02 am

sam wrote:Increase the Total Maximum Depth. When you have the glass geometry on your scene, the path depth is already 2 before it enters the scene compared to when there isn't the glass geometry. Does this make sense?

We already have our total maximum depth set to 8 as well for our production scene. I realise that my example scene was not the best representation, I will make another one.
Watchyato

Unread postby Watchyato » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:30 am

Here is another test scene that better represents the issue we are having, ive set my path depths to be the same as we are using in our production scene, and also use a similar light setup where we have a light plane behind frosted glass. Let me know if this example helps better explain what we are experiencing.

I would expect to see some distortion when adding glass to anything but certainly not loss in light values, for example, if i put my reading glasses on the world doesnt become 1 exposure stop darker, my vision is just distorted.
Attachments
clarisse_glass_issue_v2.project
(52.81 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
with_glass.jpg
with_glass
with_glass.jpg (53.39 KiB) Viewed 90 times
without_glass.jpg
without_glass
without_glass.jpg (55.59 KiB) Viewed 90 times
Watchyato

Previous

Return to General Discussion