Isotropix Forums

Slow View port

General Discussion about Isotropix and CG related topics

Slow View port

Unread postby MaizeSch » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:47 am

Hey guys, new to Clarisse. Im learning with the PLE version but im finding the FPS in the viewport just really slow and laggy. having a box in the scene is all it takes to go from 200+ fps to 23 fps or waaay less the lowest ive seen it go was 2.581 fps . now i know that sounds like 23 fps is enough, its not its jittery and makes operations feel like im in a program that was made in the early 2000's as its kind of like the computer in jurassic park movie. you make a move it thinks and then does. im not on a low end machine,

My Laptop Specs are:
Metabox -Windows 11 Pro
Intel i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz
32.0 GB 3200 - Ram
6tb SSD Drives - 2 of which are in RAID 0 (the drive that are in RAID 0 are the drives that run my windows and programs.) 128 stripe size.
4k Calibrated Monitor 60hz
RTX 3080

Any Ideas on what can be done here? I have tried turning on just GPU mode and CPU modein the view port R click options its default is both which yielded no change, i have turned of anti aliasing (which with this machine, should not have a problem especially with just a cube in the scene.

I have checked my resources and im not using much under 15% ram usage with clarisse open, less than 1% cpu usage, 0 % GPU usage when i have this open peaking at 2% GPU when im moving the object in clarisse. Any help would be appreciated.
MaizeSch

Re: Slow View port

Unread postby sam » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:26 pm

Hi there,

Make sure to update your drivers to latest. Then make sure to set Threaded Optimization to Off in the NVIDIA control panel. This is written in the readme in the download area. Finally, if this didn't help, reduce the max number of cores by 2 in the preferences panel.

Finally you won't get 200 FPS in Clarisse unless you enable the GPU. By default, Clarisse ray trace the scene using the CPU. While you don't get high frame rates, you can work interactively with quadrillions of polygons.
Sam Assadian
Isotropix
CEO/Founder
sam

Unread postby MaizeSch » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:06 pm

Ohhh thank you that worked for the beta version with angie, it was the threaded optimization that cured it. I turned that off. all good. thank you for the solution. worked a treat!
MaizeSch

Unread postby sam » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:18 pm

Good. FYI Threaded Optmization kills clarisse because the driver assumes Clarisse is a mono-threaded application like all other popular 3D DCC... It tries to help but ends up slowing down our software...
Sam Assadian
Isotropix
CEO/Founder
sam

Return to General Discussion