Isotropix Forums

Clarisse Water Mark!

General Discussion about Isotropix and CG related topics

Clarisse Water Mark!

Unread postby Makan » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi everyone I'm going to start learning Clarisse Amazing App, I've done some tests bringing some high poly models from Zbrush to Clarisse and It works amazingly, but my Question Is how can I Disable Clarisse's Watermark on Image View!? It's too big and for my finial renders I don't want It to be shown! Thanks. Image

Makan

Re: Clarisse Water Mark!

Unread postby support_team » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:17 pm

The PLE is not meant to create final renders but to allow people to learn how to use it, without having to buy it.
The watermark cannot be removed.

You need to buy a license to render images without watermark.
Isotropix
Support Team
support_team

Unread postby Makan » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:32 pm

Oh Snap! I thought It Is Possible to have renders for none commercial home made projects! like Other Applications....
Makan

Unread postby MrForScreen » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:17 pm

I know it must be hard as software developer to make a decisions how to provide demos or PLE version of there software. At least the hacker scene is really persistent to provide good software for free.
In my student time I am not always purchased software (over 1000 €) or at least I use student version and the decision to do so was not only the money. If there is a community which can provide feedback, tutorials and and whats more important publishing good results (which will attract more users), the motivation will go up!

The motivation to use software further, to invest more time to complete a project, will stop at some point where the result just say: You will waste your time if you want to make it perfect, if the result can not be used ether because of watermarks or limitations on the export. The user will stop investing more time. Mostly they search on the internet for a free version, which not means that they make use of the software or either willing to learning by doing.

Just you can see on the example above: He post a picture of an imported model which is in the content library of zBrush. Thats whats mostly happens, 3D software is complex you have to invest a lot of time to master the software and its impossible to keep track if you are not motivated and for sure you will find more of those renders in your forum in future posts, which either are not finished or bad examples.

Maybe you can consider about developing a better forum and the opportunity to give the user a watermark free render by voting for it. What I mean is: User can post there projects discuss them and the will invest more time to produce good results because they know they have the opportunity to get a watermark free image from your company, which will look nicer in a portfolio. And your company will get a growing nice promotion gallery. You can also consider to offer people which produce good tutorials a time based license as long as they post tutorials frequently or use a point system to win a free version … whatever …

At the moment you have a good offer but the OSX version is unstable as far as I can tell from the PLE Version and I am not sure to invest the money now.

I like your software and I use/ open your PLE Version daily. I like the concept of an external render. I feel better to know that I can use every other application for modeling tasks without stick to there render or other extensions even the fact to use so much geometry in a single viewport is stunning (materials, normals, displacement and so on …. cool).

Enough .. PS: I think it is perfectly fine that the PLE version have a watermark.
Sorry for my english :-)
MrForScreen

Unread postby sam » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:22 pm

I see your points and I share some of them too. However in the end you need to be realistic and make choices that won't make everyone happy. Professionals don't try professional software just for fun or out of curiosity. They are the busy kind. They have a good reason to do so as they invest their precious time into it.

Anyway, some companies tackles this differently but we tried to be as close as what we believe are our customer needs:

We chose to provide a time unlimited watermarked PLE so people can try and learn freely the software at their pace. We chose to provide free 15-day trial watermark free licenses if one wants to try it further with a complete commercial version to confirm his final decision. We also provide academic/student watermark free licenses at a tenth of the commercial version pricing... Finally we don't deliver a normal software cycle to our customers as with each new maintenance build comes loads of bug fixes and new features. Maintenance builds becoming naturally and progressively over months/years what will be called the "next version".

I kinda like the idea of a low res watermarked free resolution, but unfortunately that's not really technically feasible in Clarisse.
Sam Assadian
Isotropix
CEO/Founder
sam

Return to General Discussion