Isotropix Forums

Loving Clarisse! with a few Questions for the pros!

General Discussion about Isotropix and CG related topics

Loving Clarisse! with a few Questions for the pros!

Unread postby capsilus » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:14 am

Hi Everyone,

Just got the anniversary edition and loving Clarisse so much. I'm getting some very clean renders now much faster then in the latest version of 3dsmax/vray with same heavy model. Will post some renders soon.

I have a few questions, maybe someone can help me.

1. Say I'm in the 3d view moving around and I like what I'm looking at and want to create an ImageView so I can render it.
How do I go about this?

2. How do I get region render to work. When I'm in the ImageView and rendering I try to click on render region button but cant figure out how to click drag a region to render, nothing happens when I try to do that.

3. Is there a way to stop the rendering in the ImageView or I can only hide it and it's always rendering in the background?

4. Scattering, I assume that I can also use image based masks to distribute objects on a surface much like in Multiscatter for 3dsmax. Also I understand that I can drag and drop objects into the scatterer multiple times to determine the ratio of items I want distributed, however wouldn't a probability slider/spinner say 0-100% on objects be more functional and keep the object list for scatterers cleaner?

Thanks!

Clarrise is truly amazing, I can see myself using Clarrise for all my simulation/architectural visualizations from here on.
All I ever do is fight with 3dsmax and geometric count. Multiscatter crashed constantly and I'm not even doing 2% of what Clarisse spits out in seconds.

A good example, loaded a 3 million poly model that gives me all kinds of trouble in 3ds max due to the high object count.
Takes about 45 min to render in max with vray/good results at 1080p. Loaded the model in Clarrise and copied it 4 times and rendered same quality with MCarlo in 120s with all 4 copies in view, amazing. The best part is I'm working lag free with a smile on my face.

Keep up the good work, can't wait for 1.5 :D
capsilus

Re: Loving Clarisse! with a few Questions for the pros!

Unread postby isoyann » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:34 am

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.. happy users are our best reward :)

1) Currently you can't automatically create a camera from the perspective view. This is a simple, but important one and we'll add this in future builds.

2) First, you must have the select tool (Q ) active. Then you must enable the limited region (last incon in image view), press the "X" key and draw the region.

3) No, currently the only way to pause rendering is to close the image view.

4) Yes, it would be nice.. we may add this feature in future. In 1.5 you will also be able to control exactly the transform of each copy (translate, rotation, scaling) using textures...
isoyann

Re: Loving Clarisse! with a few Questions for the pros!

Unread postby capsilus » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:29 pm

Thanks for the quick reply/hlep. Region render works great and looking forward to 1.5
capsilus

Return to General Discussion