Isotropix Forums

Shading Layer/Shading Group Issues(wildcard)

General Discussion about Isotropix and CG related topics

Shading Layer/Shading Group Issues(wildcard)

Unread postby mdhrechka » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:36 am

Running into a few issues

So basically I want to apply materials to my two shading groups that I have in this scene.

"SciFi_Megastructure_OBJ_scene_material5"
"SciFi_Megastructure_OBJ_scene_material3"

So I created a shading layer in my scene, then set the materials in my shading layer to just be Red and Blue and set up my filters.
*>SciFi_Megastructure_OBJ_scene_material5
*>SciFi_Megastructure_OBJ_scene_material5

I even tried doing just " * " to take over the whole scene with that wildcard
but even just doing the asterisk didn't even apply the new material. I have done quite a bit of messing around, but I think im just missing one step or something.

I have linked my file, hopefully someone might see this and be able to give some advise.

Thanks a bunch,
Mike
Attachments
shading_layer_test.project
Project inclosed
(47.34 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
mdhrechka

Re: Shading Layer/Shading Group Issues(wildcard)

Unread postby David_A » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:12 pm

I can't properly check the scene without the needed geometry, so I could not tell if there is a shading problem with the geo. However, make sure that you have the Shading Layer selected also in the Preview Window, or no shading layer will be resolved for the preview window.
I tested your project with other objects and it works well, however, the preview must be set (that would be the num. 16 in the following image)
https://www.clarissewiki.com/3.6/overview3.html
David_A

Unread postby esmith » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:36 pm

Hello, yes without your actual geometry I can't tell if your objects are ok. But I took your scene and tried to emulate some level of pathing to the "shading groups" which in this case are actual objects in contexts I've named the same as your objects shading groups and using as many wildcards as I can to get there. Everything seems to be fine, your objects depending.

In the 3d View you must tell the view what Shading Layer you would like to use when you are in Progressive Rendering mode:
ShadingLayer_3dView.jpg

In your image view, you assign the Shading Layer at the 3d layer level:
ShadingLayer_Imageview.jpg

I've also attached that file. Let me know if this works for you. If not, then if you can zip up the project with the objects using this button on the General Shelf and attach that, I'll can take a further look.
ArchiveProject.jpg
ArchiveProject.jpg (25.68 KiB) Viewed 1781 times
Attachments
shading_layer_test.project
(46.72 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
esmith

Unread postby mdhrechka » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:11 pm

I am at work and grateful for the quick responses from both of you guys, Esmith and David-A. sorry about not including the geometry, next time I have a post i will make sure to include.

Based on what both of you said I need to turn "apply" the shading layer in both the image view and the 3D view. I will check it out when I get home. It seems like I should be ok.

*edit - It works! Thanks guys, Solved*

Thanks!
mdhrechka

Unread postby esmith » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:34 pm

Awesome, glad your sorted!
esmith

Return to General Discussion