Isotropix Forums

Rendering slowly

General Discussion about Isotropix and CG related topics

Rendering slowly

Unread postby waspss0 » Tue May 08, 2018 12:26 am

Hi Guys! I have a question!

I have a big scene with a lot of .project references (each reference is an object with its own material,and with its own textures). I did a lookdev in clarise. This 20 objects were used to create a layaut. I am referencing and creating instancing and scatter with all of them.

The structure of profect is like:
Code: Select all
- project:/

- contex: "scene"

- context: "layout" (made with references created in Master context by object)

- context: "basic lights"

- camera

- path_tracer

- context: "Master"

- context "assets_combiners" (one by model)

- context "assets"

- context: "A"
            - context: "geo" (import abc model)
            - context: "materials" (stremTextureMapFile load exr from substance painter, some has UDIM others diferentes materials with one UDIM)

- context: "B"
            - context: "geo"
            - context: "materials"

- ...   (the same way all objects)   

I have 20.000 billons of primitive count when I am rendering context "layout".

The issue is the following, when I try to render this scene is very slow at progeresivve rendering or image view rendering mode. Before I was rendering a very similiar scene and it never was so slowly as it is now. The first difference is that before I was referencing all layout from one abc file and now I am creating this layout whith the same models but they loaded in my scene and add in a contex each one.

Does anyone have an idea why it could be so slow? In this moment I am converting all textures .exr at tx, but before never it was a problem...

Thanks a lot! ;)
Last edited by waspss0 on Wed May 09, 2018 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
waspss0

Re: Rendering slowly

Unread postby waspss0 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:42 am

The correct tab project:
Code: Select all
- project:/

- contex: "scene"

- context: "layout" (made with references created in Master context by object)

- context: "basic lights"

- camera

- path_tracer

- context: "Master"

- context "assets_combiners" (one by model)

- context "assets"

- context: "A"
            - context: "geo" (import abc model)
            - context: "materials" (stremTextureMapFile load exr from substance painter, some has UDIM others diferentes materials with one UDIM)

- context: "B"
            - context: "geo"
            - context: "materials"

- ...   (the same way all objects)   
waspss0

Unread postby mdkai » Wed May 09, 2018 9:25 am

Are you using a network by any chance ? Keep in mind that for all items to be evaluated the network or HDD speed does limit the response ..
As a single abc file is quickly loaded, multiple files or scene references have to be evaluated first then give the response to be able to render .. same for the TX files, which are most likely used to save memory and not for speed.

At a certain point you could decide to bake down most of the scene parts into less elements to load from disk/network to speed things up (and as a result of that, if memory gets lower also use tx files to save some texture memory)..

At least thats how i understand it maybe isotropix team can elaborate more on the task ..
Join us at the Discord https://discord.gg/G5cJj9A
mdkai

Unread postby waspss0 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:49 am

mdkai wrote:Are you using a network by any chance ? Keep in mind that for all items to be evaluated the network or HDD speed does limit the response ..
As a single abc file is quickly loaded, multiple files or scene references have to be evaluated first then give the response to be able to render .. same for the TX files, which are most likely used to save memory and not for speed.

At a certain point you could decide to bake down most of the scene parts into less elements to load from disk/network to speed things up (and as a result of that, if memory gets lower also use tx files to save some texture memory)..

At least thats how i understand it maybe isotropix team can elaborate more on the task ..

Maybe, but now I have all textures in .tx and its works fine, it is faster, exactly as before. I think that network isn't the problem.
Cheers mdkai! ;)
waspss0

Return to General Discussion