Isotropix Forums

Scatter attractor

General Discussion about Isotropix and CG related topics

Scatter attractor

Unread postby Akam » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:35 pm

I'm not sure if this is allready possible with Clarisse ( maybe with scope object or occlusion node) so I'll post it here instead of the feature request forum.

It would be great to have something like an attractor for scatter. Let's say I have scattered some trees over an area. The trees don't stand that close to each other, there is room around them for example like on a meadow with some apple trees on it. Now I want to scatter some fallen apples around these scattered trees. This could also be used to decimate for example small plants under the trees in shadowed areas, or to scatter fallen leaves, small broken branches etc.

wish a creative time
Aron
Akam

Re: Scatter attractor

Unread postby vandam » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:45 pm

you could achieve this either with occlusion node or a bunch of scope objects. You could parent a scope object to the tree or combine them together, then when you scatter trees you will automaticaly scatter scope objects. Then just make a group including only scope objects and put it in decimation slot of the scatterer. Alternatively, you could just copy and paste the scatterer, then scatter scope objects instead of trees. Or just use occlusion, whatever you like.
vandam

Unread postby Akam » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:31 pm

Reading your comment I realize how easy it is to set up. I guess my brain has not fully adapted the Clarisse workflow by now, lol
Thanks Vandam :)
Akam

Unread postby esmith » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:39 pm

Using occlusion to drive point cloud decimation is a good solution, however it can be slow if you have a LOT of them. But this is how I would do something where say, I have houses on the ground, at the edge of house/ground using occlusion to drive the point cloud decimation. Then wherever I move the house my points, and hence my scatter objects, follow. Do this until layout is final, then bake the scatter solution.

for your apple tree solution, for me personally, I would scatter the apple trees. Then using the ground as a surface to put particles on, I would particle paint my fallen apples exactly where I wanted.
esmith

Return to General Discussion