Isotropix Forums

Best way in Clarisse to drive colour variation from Houdini

General Discussion about Isotropix and CG related topics

Best way in Clarisse to drive colour variation from Houdini

Unread postby lookdev » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:27 pm

What should I get out of Houdini for the colour variation between these objects to work (fast) in Clarisse?
I have plenty, like really a huge number of these boxes so I think of using shader layers in Clarisse. But does it make sense to get one material per box to drive the colour variation in Clarisse? or is there a way to get Cd attribute from Houdini into Clarisse and use it to drive the difference.
I'm not interested in the colours in the picture, these are random.
Attachments
connectivity.JPG
Cd.jpg
Cd.jpg (38.41 KiB) Viewed 209 times
lookdev

Re: Best way in Clarisse to drive colour variation from Houd

Unread postby Kramon » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:00 pm

well there is many ways how u can do it.. but generally speaking Clarisse reads all atributes from houdini without a problem...

so u can for example make attribute that will u will later use as gradient map variance. this is what i do for leafs usually.
Kramon

Re: Best way in Clarisse to drive colour variation from Houd

Unread postby mdkai » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:12 am

Hey,
if the actual colour is not relevant then a Cd attribute is a waste of data, you simply take a numerator like "random" and place it in the shading network, or take objects IDs or any other IDs, from Houdini or clarisse.
Also there is no need to make a material per box, instead take one parameter and interate whatever is relevant for variation inside one single shader .. like color, spec, coordinates etc..
Lots of options available :)

Cheers
Kai
mdkai

Return to General Discussion