Page 1 of 2

Double Superimposed Image Preview

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:06 am
by nadiasantoso
Hi,

I have encountered a very strange issue. Every time I imported texture files that have been edited in Nuke, it always has a double superimposed image. If these maps are used, it will show in my render.

There seems no problem when the maps are being previewed in Nuke.

-Nadia

Re: Double Superimposed Image Preview

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:38 am
by dboude
Hi,

Seems like a Nuke issue. Why do you need to rewrite textures that come from Mari in Nuke? I don't get the point.

Cheers.

Re: Double Superimposed Image Preview

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:55 am
by mdkai
Very odd indeed
Try to set the output settings similar with input ..same interleave setting, compression etc ..

Besides may be you can provide a exr here with that said issue so team Iso can check and analyse it ?

Cheers
Kai

Re: Double Superimposed Image Preview

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:36 am
by nadiasantoso
dboude wrote:Hi,

Seems like a Nuke issue. Why do you need to rewrite textures that come from Mari in Nuke? I don't get the point.

Cheers.


Hi,

Yes, I need to blur the texture a bit to make the transition smoother. I will use these maps as a mask for my displacement map.

I have attached the exr with the said issue.

Re: Double Superimposed Image Preview

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:40 am
by mdkai
In the meantime you can simply use the blur node inside the node tree to do what you want ;)

Re: Double Superimposed Image Preview

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:01 pm
by Kramon
i can bet all my money that u are woring on RGB channels while alpha is not touched and this produce shift of some sort. or maybe u are just wrongly importing texture not useing luminance value but rgb

Re: Double Superimposed Image Preview

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:19 pm
by nadiasantoso
mdkai wrote:In the meantime you can simply use the blur node inside the node tree to do what you want ;)


Ah yes, Clarisse has the blur node. I've been using that one instead for now.

Kramon wrote:i can bet all my money that u are woring on RGB channels while alpha is not touched and this produce shift of some sort. or maybe u are just wrongly importing texture not useing luminance value but rgb


But even when I use the reorder node R000, the result is still the same.

Re: Double Superimposed Image Preview

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:13 pm
by dboude
nadiasantoso wrote:But even when I use the reorder node R000, the result is still the same.


It's not a read issue, the map was written like that. Open it in photoshop you will see the same thing. You should have something wrong in your nuke script.

Cheers ;)

Re: Double Superimposed Image Preview

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:46 am
by nadiasantoso
Hi,

dboude wrote:read issue, the map was written like that. Open it in photoshop you will see the same thing. You should have something wrong in your nuke script.


This is weird, because I've opened the file again in Nuke and once again in affinity its actually fine. Today I found out that map_file from clarisse is actually reading it correctly but not streamed_map_file. I haven't even put the <UDIM> yet, just reading 1 texture map.

Re: Double Superimposed Image Preview

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:48 am
by nadiasantoso
Hi,

Attached is the texture map I used for the previous post. I hope this can help.

Best,
Nadia