Isotropix Forums

vdb fire render time question

General Discussion about Isotropix and CG related topics

Re: vdb fire render time question

Unread postby jili0808 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:47 am

sam wrote:I said to set the Diffuse Depth of the volume material to 0 and not the Diffuse Depth of the path tracer.

Do you have any good suggestions for my last question?
thanks~
jili0808

Unread postby sam » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:15 am

Yes there are quite a few suggestions but we'll need more informations. It looks like your workstation is running on Windows according to your screenshots what about the rest:
How the scene is rendered? Do you use a render submitter? Deadline? Are the files are located on a network? How many machines are used to render the scene? Are you rendering with CNode? If so, have you setup correctly the Clarisse config file location to the render nodes? Finally does the rendernodes render on Windows or on Linux?

We need these information to be able to help.
Sam Assadian
Isotropix
CEO/Founder
sam

Unread postby jili0808 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:42 am

sam wrote:Yes there are quite a few suggestions but we'll need more informations. It looks like your workstation is running on Windows according to your screenshots what about the rest:
How the scene is rendered? Do you use a render submitter? Deadline? Are the files are located on a network? How many machines are used to render the scene? Are you rendering with CNode? If so, have you setup correctly the Clarisse config file location to the render nodes? Finally does the rendernodes render on Windows or on Linux?

We need these information to be able to help.

My workstation is windows.I use deadline 10.My files are located on a network.I test one machine to to render the scene.

Did I miss any settings?

It's loaded for 30 minutes and hasn't started rendering yet.
Attachments
03.jpg
01.jpg
02.jpg
jili0808

Unread postby sam » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:41 am

Thanks for sharing the info.
1. You didn't specify a config file to CNode so it is using the default one which is really bad. Make sure to specify a proper clarisse.cfg file
2. You have to go to the preferences panel (CTRL + K) and in Open VDB section uncheck Use Delayed Load.

The Delayed Load performance of the Open VDB library is pretty poor on Windows environment.

Last thing could you please make a screenshot of Help > About... window?

Thanks!
Sam Assadian
Isotropix
CEO/Founder
sam

Unread postby jili0808 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:13 pm

thanks~ I think I understand.
jili0808

Previous

Return to General Discussion