Isotropix Forums

LPE

General Discussion about Isotropix and CG related topics

Re: LPE

Unread postby mdkai » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:05 pm

Yeah I agree with Eric
Light passes can be separated by an extra branch inside nuke and then plus on the rebuild beauty passes , this way every pass can be picked including it's full contribution

I made a large preset setup in nuke for comp department a while ago for clarisse and Arnold..
Maybe I can make one here to share as generic starting point... though it's not really difficult to do.

It's also less the osl that makes it hard to understand but actually regex syntax which is the underlying search method.

Powerful but really hard to grasp...

Cheers
Kai
Join us at the Discord https://discord.gg/G5cJj9A
mdkai

Unread postby sam » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:36 pm

FULL DIRECT: C([^D]*DL)|([^D]*L|O)
FULL INDIRECT: C(.*DO)|(.*D.+L|O)
You can of course make that by light but you have to remove the O event type
Sam Assadian
Isotropix
CEO/Founder
sam

Unread postby esmith » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:00 pm

esmith

Unread postby vanderzafa » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:06 pm

esmith wrote:I believe, in my experience, if you want to build a nuke graph to do what your talking about, there is an easier way. And that's just using a light ID for each LPE and then having the standard LPE/AOV breakdown...Diffuse/Glossy, etc. That way in your nuke graph, you have the entire suite of channels to adjust PER light. So you can adjust the indirect bounce of Light_ID_423.....etc. And if you don't care about that much fidelity to adjust PER light.

Then all you need is:
C.*<L.'LGT_ID_1'> where LGT_ID_1 is the value in the Light Path Expression attribute of the light, so

Beauty per light, I have 3 lights:
C.*<L.'LGT_ID_1'>
C.*<L.'LGT_ID_2'>
C.*<L.'LGT_ID_3'>

You of course can replace "L" with any of these LPE Light Labels and produce just THAT pass for THAT light as well.

Does this workflow make sense...it's what I'm used to seeing at Dneg and the like.....

Also please subscribe to this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6063

Lets get a nice group of ready to go LPEs in the box.

Ok esmith, I understood. Thanks for reply.
vanderzafa

Previous

Return to General Discussion