Isotropix Forums

Projection mode

General Discussion about Isotropix and CG related topics

Projection mode

Unread postby vanderzafa » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:04 pm

Hi guys!

I have a hdr map 2048x1024 connected a environment node, and I would like to get the same image .jpg and connect a background layer, using sub pixel filters node Foreground_background, but I can't match the correct projection settings.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks
vanderzafa

Re: Projection mode

Unread postby esmith » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:02 pm

Hello mate, you can make your HDRI Visible to Camera in the Environment light attributes. If you don't want to see that in particular (Maybe you are really over exposing the Env Light and so the image is blown out), then you can map a sphere with a matte material, then make sure to turn off the attributes for Cast Shadows, Is Emitter....etc.

You might have to flip the Matte sphere to get it to match up with the HDRI, and then you can parent it to the Env Light so that it is correct.

If this makes sense giver'a go, I'll make this setup here to share...give me a few minutes.
esmith

Unread postby esmith » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:18 pm

Here is a setup, I think this is what you are trying to do. The ENV SPHERE you make, scale up to 5000 units on XYZ and rotate -180 on Y

If this is what you want to do, I suggest saving this as part of a standard template you always use. Just point to the different HDRI and Jpegs for each purpose.

Cheers
Attachments
Setup.zip
(8.42 MiB) Downloaded 25 times
esmith

Unread postby vanderzafa » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:15 pm

esmith wrote:Here is a setup, I think this is what you are trying to do. The ENV SPHERE you make, scale up to 5000 units on XYZ and rotate -180 on Y

If this is what you want to do, I suggest saving this as part of a standard template you always use. Just point to the different HDRI and Jpegs for each purpose.

Cheers

Thanks guy for support. Yes this exactly what i want, but i thought that´s possible to do it without any geo in the scene, because it is just a background image, but it's ok, this workaround work too.
vanderzafa

Return to General Discussion