Isotropix Forums

property paint: replace instead of scale

General Discussion about Isotropix and CG related topics

property paint: replace instead of scale

Unread postby trantor » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:49 am

Hello,

lets say I have three versions of grass: "small", "mid", "tall". I know I can use a property to drive the scale of e.g. "small" in the scatterer, but this would make grass blades unnaturely big - just scaled ;).

Is there a setup which instead reads a property to switch to the "mid" and "tall" assets when painting values above a certain threshold?

Of course I could paint an id property, but I was looking for something which could be mapped to pen pressure instead of having to change the id in the tool options all the time (or maybe driving id with a gradient texture?). Thanks.

Regards,

Felix
trantor

Re: property paint: replace instead of scale

Unread postby trantor » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:24 am

Ok, so looks like I found a way to do this: By using "luminance" as the scatter input mode, I can paint / modify a custom luminance property on the particle container, which gets read by an extract property texture that drives the input mode of the scatterer. That way, depending on the number of added geometries, versions get swapped if the painted property falls below a certain value. There may be an easier / more elegant way to do this, but so far it works for me.

Cheers,

Felix
trantor

Return to General Discussion