Isotropix Forums

Yeti Fur_ time taking to load

General Discussion about Isotropix and CG related topics

Yeti Fur_ time taking to load

Unread postby akirankumarr » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:44 am

Hi,

I am working on yeti fur in clarisse for the 1st time.

when I try to load Yeti fur cache via "Yeti_Proecedural" in clarisse, its taking very long time to read and load the cache.
Its taking time,even after hiding the "Yeti_Proecedural" .

My frame range is almost 250 frames. Each time , when I move to another frame it takes so much time to load.

Is there a way to switch off the display of the fur and visible only render?
Is there a way to optimize the loading time ?

It would be nice , if it could be like RIB(renderman) box and user friendly in the viewport and just shows in render.

There might be a simple solution, I might be missing it :) .

Thank you in advance
Kiran
akirankumarr

Re: Yeti Fur_ time taking to load

Unread postby sam » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:38 pm

Hello Kiran

I'm afraid there's no simple solution.

1. This is not Yeti support board. If you have long fur generation times using yeti, please refer to Yeti forums.
2. Clarisse Viewport is the renderer. However, it is possible to hide ANY items from the 3D View by unchecking Display Visible attribute on the item or pressing Ctrl+H on a selection. Please refer to the user documentation for more information.
3. Clarisse does NOT have a proprietary fileformat for geometries and textures. If you want to create a fur cache file, you can use Alembic or USD. Usually the procedural generation is faster than loading a massive file cache. Either there's some complexity related to your fur generation => Yeti's forum and in which case a Alembic/USD cache will help, or you have an insane amount of fur and the cache file Alembic/USD won't help (on the contrary).
Sam Assadian
Isotropix
CEO/Founder
sam

Unread postby akirankumarr » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:41 am

copy that.
Thank you.

One more question:

When I render with motion blur (just sphere+attached yeti fur on sphere) in clarisse, I do not see any motion blur on fur, but sphere got MB.

Even in motion vector data its shows nothing in clarisse.(sp13- yeti cache loaded as .fur)

But if I render the same file in maya arnold it looks OK.

I think I am doing something wrong, could you let me know what I am missing?
I mean, could you through me some points, like which I have to look at it in clarisse. may be like sub frame or etc?

Thank you in advance.

Kiran
akirankumarr

Unread postby sam » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:30 am

Hi Kiran,

Again, there's nothing special to do in Clarisse besides enabling motion blur. If you don't have motion in Yeti please ask their support for support. There isn't much we can do here to help. You are probably missing something in Yeti, not in Clarisse.
Thanks and good luck!
Sam Assadian
Isotropix
CEO/Founder
sam

Return to General Discussion