Isotropix Forums

Bug Reporter pop up gone?

General Discussion about Isotropix and CG related topics

Bug Reporter pop up gone?

Unread postby lwik » Mon May 10, 2021 3:44 pm

The first time C5 crashed, the bug report window came up to submit it, but I dismissed it. Now the same problems are happening but the bug reporter doesn't come up automatically any more asking me if I want to report it? How do I get it back so I can report it? It is not crashing while using C5, but when I render out to disk it crashes.

Thanks!
lwik

Re: Bug Reporter pop up gone?

Unread postby anemoff » Mon May 10, 2021 4:04 pm

Hi,

What OS are you using?
Are you sure it's the exact same crash?

There's currently a limitation on Windows that blocks the Crash Reporter to catch some crashes. If you are facing different crash reasons, this could explain why sometimes you have Crash Reporter, and sometimes you don't.

If you can reproduce the crash consistently, even without the Crash Reporter, please submit a bug report: https://www.isotropix.com/user/bugtracker

Cheers,
Anthony Nemoff
Isotropix
R&D Engineer
anemoff

Unread postby lwik » Mon May 10, 2021 4:14 pm

anemoff wrote:Hi,

What OS are you using?
Are you sure it's the exact same crash?

There's currently a limitation on Windows that blocks the Crash Reporter to catch some crashes. If you are facing different crash reasons, this could explain why sometimes you have Crash Reporter, and sometimes you don't.

If you can reproduce the crash consistently, even without the Crash Reporter, please submit a bug report: https://www.isotropix.com/user/bugtracker

Cheers,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am on Windows 10. I can't say that it is the same crash that happened originally that brought up the bug report window compared to the crashes now. As I am using it and building my scene it works great. It happens when I render to disk, or walk away and let the machine render in the image viewer and come back and Clarisse quit out. It seems to be with the new Geo lights that I am playing with. If it was some specific thing that I do that causes it to crash, I could file a bug report. But what would I say if I set up render and it just randomly crashes some time during that render?
lwik

Unread postby anemoff » Mon May 10, 2021 4:24 pm

Just to confirm that the Crash Reporter is working as expected in the supported cases, can you try the following crash that happens in 5.0:
- Open an empty scene
- Open an Image View and click on it to give it focus
- Press "Space + Z" 2 or 3 times
=> It should crash and pop the Crash Reporter
This bug has already been reported (and fixed), so please don't report it again. ;)

Regarding your crash during render, it seems to be a non-handled crash that doesn't pop the Crash Reporter.
Could you try to make a minimal project that reproduces that crash and send the project to us with a bug report?
If you can't simplify the project to send it, try to describe as much as you can.

Thanks!
Anthony Nemoff
Isotropix
R&D Engineer
anemoff

Unread postby lwik » Mon May 10, 2021 4:31 pm

anemoff wrote:Just to confirm that the Crash Reporter is working as expected in the supported cases, can you try the following crash that happens in 5.0:
- Open an empty scene
- Open an Image View and click on it to give it focus
- Press "Space + Z" 2 or 3 times
=> It should crash and pop the Crash Reporter
This bug has already been reported (and fixed), so please don't report it again. ;)

Regarding your crash during render, it seems to be a non-handled crash that doesn't pop the Crash Reporter.
Could you try to make a minimal project that reproduces that crash and send the project to us with a bug report?
If you can't simplify the project to send it, try to describe as much as you can.

Thanks!

Yep. Pressing the Shift + Z a bunch of times crashed Clarisse and the Bug reported did come up. What your saying makes sense that the bug reported would not come up with a render only crash, that explains it. I will try and simplify my scene and if I can get it to crash, I will send the files to you guys. Thanks!
lwik

Unread postby anemoff » Mon May 10, 2021 5:06 pm

OK, thanks for confirming that the Crash Reporter works in that scenario.

We'll be waiting for your bug report.
Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!
Anthony Nemoff
Isotropix
R&D Engineer
anemoff

Unread postby machieb » Mon May 10, 2021 9:18 pm

Hello, I had the same issues in Clarisse 4 with crashes while rendering, mostly while rendering lots of images via the rendermanager. I started the rendering and when I came back, clarisse had quited during rendering with noch bug reporter open.
But I couldn´t reproduce the error because it was random.
I figured out, when I deactivated autosave in the preferences, there where less crashes during rendering. Maybe you can try that first?!
machieb

Unread postby lwik » Sat May 15, 2021 5:00 am

machieb wrote:Hello, I had the same issues in Clarisse 4 with crashes while rendering, mostly while rendering lots of images via the rendermanager. I started the rendering and when I came back, clarisse had quited during rendering with noch bug reporter open.
But I couldn´t reproduce the error because it was random.
I figured out, when I deactivated autosave in the preferences, there where less crashes during rendering. Maybe you can try that first?!

Thanks for the reply. C5 is stable for the most part. The issues I was having is the geo lights. When I turn them off, it renders fine. But since no bug reporter pops up with it is a render crash, it is hard to report what the problem is. I have C5 rendering a C4 project now for the past 6 hours and no crash, but it has no geo lights in it.
lwik

Return to General Discussion