Isotropix Forums

redshift in Clarisse5?

General Discussion about Isotropix and CG related topics

redshift in Clarisse5?

Unread postby kirkr22 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:40 pm

I think I saw a video of red shift GPU tenderer running inside Clarisse. Now I can't find any mention about it . Does it really work and how could I test it ?
Could anyone share an experience ?
kirkr22

Re: redshift in Clarisse5?

Unread postby sam » Mon May 10, 2021 8:44 pm

Last year we released an open source library for 3rd parties to integrate their renderers in Clarisse. One of the example is a prototype integration of Redshift implementation in Clarisse. There's no official port of redshift in Clarisse from either companies. More information here: https://github.com/Isotropix/r2c
Sam Assadian
Isotropix
CEO/Founder
sam

Unread postby kirkr22 » Tue May 11, 2021 9:06 am

Is there something already compiled for windows Clarisse version? Something easy to try?

What should I expect ? What would be working and what's not? Materials ? instance scattering?

Does it work in V5 only?
kirkr22

Unread postby sam » Tue May 11, 2021 12:44 pm

You shouldn't expect anything unless you are a software engineer. What we provided is a proof of concept to show how a 3rd party renderer can be integrated to Clarisse. It's nothing more than a working example aimed at software engineers that would like to use R2C library to integrate their rendering engine in Clarisse. It is nothing more than a working example which has never been meant to be a product for users.

There's no binary provided. Only the the source code is. It requires Redshift and Clarisse SDK to compile. The ball is in Redshift or (other renderer vendors) court to make an actual product.

If you are a software engineer then more documentation is available here: https://github.com/Isotropix/r2c/blob/m ... s/index.md

Thanks
Sam Assadian
Isotropix
CEO/Founder
sam

Return to General Discussion