Isotropix Forums

BIG SUR INSTALLATION

General Discussion about Isotropix and CG related topics

BIG SUR INSTALLATION

Unread postby drlesser123 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:57 pm

I understand that the official version to run Clarisse on a Mac is NOT Big Sur. In any event, how can you get clarisse to run on Big Sur?
drlesser123

Re: BIG SUR INSTALLATION

Unread postby Lucas » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:43 am

Hi,

As you understood, we can't really help you there, and you might encounter compatibility issues anyway. Maybe you could set up a virtual machine to boot on another OS, or find some users that tried before you.

Thanks,
Lucas Nadal
Isotropix
Technical Artist
Lucas

Unread postby drlesser123 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:30 pm

Clarisse 4 SP17 runs just fine on Big Sur 11.6. Python 2.7 is installed. I tried installing Python 3.7 to run Clarisse 5, but I could not get Clarisse to open. I made sure that the environmental variables were pointed to where Python 3.7 was located on my Mac. Why does Clarisse 4 SP16 work on Big Sur but not Clarisse 5? Is there a time line for Clarisse 5 to work on Big Sur or Monterrey?
drlesser123

Unread postby anemoff » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:21 pm

Hi,

It's not a Python issue and upgrading to Monterrey (which is even newer) won't help either.
There are some new features in 5.0 that aren't yet compatible with macOS Big Sur, and we need to fix them to make them compatible.
There's nothing you can do for now on your side, except downgrading to macOS 10.14 (or older), using Windows or Linux.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Anthony Nemoff
Isotropix
R&D Engineer
anemoff

Unread postby Berube » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:48 am

Hi there,

Ok happy to see I'm not alone in that position. Looking forward to use Clarisse 5 and I am also currently running OSX Big Sur 11.6.
I was able to install Python 3.7 but get white viewports when I launch. I take it, it is currently unsupported.

I am new to Clarisse altogether. From what I can read above it sounds like I can install version 4 to get a feel for the software?

Is there any roadmap planned towards supporting Big Sur for Clarisse 5?

Thank you!

-Berube
Berube

Unread postby Lucas » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:42 am

Hey Berube,

As previously answered, we'll let you know as soon as it's available.
On our side, pretty much everything is in that thread, so I would suggest again setting up a virtual machine with another OS, as Clarisse isn't OS dependent, you could install it again :).

Cheers,
Lucas Nadal
Isotropix
Technical Artist
Lucas

Unread postby AmeenMansoor » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:22 pm

drlesser123 wrote:I understand that the official version to run Clarisse on a Mac is NOT Big Sur. In any event, how can you get clarisse to run on Big Sur?

SP1 working on Big Sur 11.1
AmeenMansoor

Return to General Discussion