Isotropix Forums

Problem with tutorial 101 clarisse

General Discussion about Isotropix and CG related topics

Problem with tutorial 101 clarisse

Unread postby kevinsallee » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:24 pm

in "the material editor" section of the tutorial, I try to put the diffuse.png image which is in /images/diffuse.png, put the projection mapping as Uv, but the ship just looks black! Everything else worked just fine for the whole tutorial except this. Any help?
thanks
kevinsallee

Re: Problem with tutorial 101 clarisse

Unread postby isoyann » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:42 pm

After trying your scene in different clarisse PLE builds (the Christmas one and the latest), I'm unable to reproduce your issue .. Can you try with a different file (the same converted to jpeg for example) to see if this is a problem with the image? Maybe the file is corrupted, or, for another unknown reason, you clarisse version can't read the file.. You can also try to set the mapping to planar , to determine if this is a problem with UV... thanks !

note: due to a mistake, the file supplied with the tutorial is the gray paint version used in the mini ride, and not the red paint version.. but this should work. This will be corrected in the next release of content, but it doesn't affect the tutorial (you just get a gray shuttle instead of a red one..).
isoyann

Unread postby kevinsallee » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:21 am

Weird... If I switched it to planar or something I was getting a result, but with the Uv projection it was just plain black... Anyway, I'm making more tests now with alembic file so I moved on, and it wasn't really a problem not to have a diffuse texture...
kevinsallee

Unread postby support_team » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:04 am

After double checking, it appears spaceship_sds.obj in the content we've provided has no UVs! Doh! We are currently re-uploading the updated content.
Sorry about that!
Isotropix
Support Team
support_team

Unread postby kevinsallee » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:46 am

hehe I knew something was fishy :)
thanks
kevin
kevinsallee

Return to General Discussion