Isotropix Forums

3D Coat import issues

General Discussion about Isotropix and CG related topics

3D Coat import issues

Unread postby pgriswold@fusiondigitalproductions.com » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:13 pm

Hi guys -

I'm still testing out the PLE (build 5700b) and had a problem with a 3DCoat created OBJ file.

When I import it and allow Clarisse to include the textures, I don't get the textures but instead a UV test pattern.

If I chose NOT to allow it to include the textures, the model is fine and then I can manually import the textures and apply them.

It's not a major problem, but it certainly slows things down.

-Paul
pgriswold@fusiondigitalproductions.com

Re: 3D Coat import issues

Unread postby support_team » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:15 pm

Paul,

This is because the file path of your textures are not found by Clarisse OBJ MTL importer. This might be fixed easily by selecting all the textures that have been created and changing their file path using the Attribute Editor. Just find the Filename attribute in the attribute editor click on the text field as if you wanted to edit the file path and Press CTRL + R.
This will bring Replace Window that will help you change the file path of all your textures in a single process.

More info is available page 54 of Clarisse User Guide.

Hope this helps,
Isotropix
Support Team
support_team

Unread postby pgriswold@fusiondigitalproductions.com » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:58 pm

Thanks & I understand what you're saying. However.... the point is, when I import the same object with Softimage, the textures are found without any input on my part.

I think when someone is evaluating the software, this is the kind of little problem that makes you pause and wonder what other little issues will pop up.

Because Clarisse is is so different in it's workflow, I would think it's important to minimize anything that could be seen as a problem.

-Paul
pgriswold@fusiondigitalproductions.com

Unread postby support_team » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:53 pm

Could please you post the content of your MTL file?
Isotropix
Support Team
support_team

Return to General Discussion