clarisse doodles

Post your WIP image/animations here

Re: clarisse doodles

Unread postby jandersunstar » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:17 pm

Looks great! Love the colors!
jandersunstar

Unread postby igbw712 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:28 pm

Germanobanano. Can you upload the project and image files you used for that? I'd really like to see what your shading and lighting rig looked like.
igbw712

Unread postby Germanobanano » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:04 pm

Thanks!

David_a: I know i know... Have been sked about a QGIS tutorials a few times already. It's not that I'm witholding any secrets, it's more a combination of not knowing enoughj/lack of time/subject complexity ...

igbw712: Sorry, can't erally do that. the shading is pretty straight forward. Just a standard shader for the groud, dielectric for the water. It's a matter of tweaking the values until you find something that works, sometimes looking at AOVs to see each effect separately (diffuse, spec etc).

and the lighting is a simple HDRI. What I do is make sure that the sun has a high enough EV value in Nuke. This is EV18.

hope that helps
Germanobanano

Unread postby David_A » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:53 pm

Thanks anyway Germán. May be it is just a matter of looking at other approaches; and yours looks like really cool to me: For example, thinking about the recorded doodle that you used a part of the UK, specially the terrain model and texture matching process, where do you get it, if you do any previous geo referencing work or one can download all that kind of data from a service, etc...
Keep up the good work!
David_A

Unread postby Germanobanano » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:59 pm

Hey David,

the doodle maps where from here:

http://environment.data.gov.uk/ds/survey/#/survey

and I use Qgis to manage/export them.

If you set up the right projection type, color and dispalcement lineup perfectly, no georeferencing needed!
Germanobanano

Previous

Return to Work In Progress