Isotropix Forums

TileProc For Clarisse

Post your WIP image/animations here

TileProc For Clarisse

Unread postby Atom » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:41 pm

Hello All,

I have put together an initial port of the TileProc AddOn for Blender. The basic functionality now works with Clarisse.

TileProc procedurally generates a scene based upon a tile set. I have included the original tile set which was created by eRaccoon and can be found on Blendswap.com, licensed cc0.

Usage:
Download and unzip/rar the package.
Open the Clarisse project and in the Python editor set the path to the folder where you unzipped the package. The python code needs this path to locate the .OBJ file that it loads into Clarisse during generation.
Inside of scene_gen(), the variables w and h control how large the generation will be.
Change the rnd_seed for different results each run.
Set the values and Run the script.

All objects are created in a road_maze context folder. Delete this folder to remove any TileProc objects from your scene.

How It Works:
TileProc uses a layer based system. Each layer can be one of three types. A simple area, a maze or scatter items. The layers are composed one on top of another by the code. The order is defined in the code but it goes something like this...Dirt, Sand, Water, Grass, Hills, Dunes , Rivers, Canals, Roads, Houses, Trees, Bushes, Flowers. So if part of a river is over top of a sand area, the sand will be covered up by the river. And so on. The scatter items are mainly the plants. The trees and bushes will avoid roads, rivers, canals, houses. Flowers will only grow in river and water areas.
Attachments
Untitled-3.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg
tileproc_for_clarisse_040816.rar
REMEMBER TO SET THE PATH TO THE GEO FOLDER BEFORE YOU RUN
(991.39 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
Last edited by Atom on Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 7 32GB AMD FX8370 @ 4.4Ghz
nVidia 660GTX 2BG RAM. Driver: 358.87
Atom

Re: TileProc For Clarisse

Unread postby paq » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:05 pm

Hello Atom,

That's very interesting ! , and thanks a lot for sharing your script !
paq

Re: TileProc For Clarisse

Unread postby Atom » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:19 pm

You are welcome.

Here is my largest generation yet. A 256x256 grid with over 300,000 objects and more than 14 million faces.
Untitled-3.jpg

I have also started on elevated roads.
Screen-Shot-2016-04-08-at-4.39.45-PM.jpg
Windows 7 32GB AMD FX8370 @ 4.4Ghz
nVidia 660GTX 2BG RAM. Driver: 358.87
Atom

Return to Work In Progress