Isotropix Forums

Using custom startup script

Clarisse Scripting related topics

Using custom startup script

Unread postby jboissinot » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:05 pm

Hi,

I'm having issues with setting up a custom startup script. I set the CLARISSE_STARTUP_SCRIPT variable of the clarisse.env file with my custom startup script file path but I noticed two issues:

- first, the script doesn't seem to be running on Clarisse startup.
- when I check the variables of the built-in tab in the variable editor, the $CLARISSE_STARTUP_SCRIPT variable doesn't get filled with the path I set in the clarisse.env file.

For info, the $CLARISSE_STARTUP_SCRIPT variable is still set in the Startup Script parameter in the application preferences.

Does anyone already set up a custom startup script or can you help me with this?

Thanks,
Jeremy
jboissinot

Re: Using custom startup script

Unread postby dcourtois » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:10 am

Hi,

I checked and we indeed have a bug in how `clarisse.env` variables are handled. We're working on a fix.
In the meantime, 2 workarounds:

- in the preferences, just point the Startup Script option to your script file (don't use the predefined variables)
- set the CLARISSE_STARTUP_SCRIPT as a normal environment variable on your system (in this case the var will appear on the System tab of the variable editor)

Regards,
Damien
dcourtois

Unread postby jboissinot » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:33 pm

Hi Damien,

The variables of the clarisse.env file do seem to not be properly handled as expected. Indeed, I'm having issues with using other variables which don't seem to be working either.

Good to hear that you're working on a fix hoping that eventually we'll be able to set those variables and use them the way we expect it to be.

If I have to use a workaround for the moment, I think I'd go with setting the path in the preferences, but not quite sure if I'll use the startup script actually, I have to confirm this to make sure I can do stuff from that script or if I have to do it even before I launch Clarisse.

Thanks for the info,
Jeremy
jboissinot

Unread postby jboissinot » Wed May 01, 2019 12:07 am

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I was finally able to set the CLARISSE_STARTUP_SCRIPT env variable with Rez when launching Clarisse so that I'm able to execute a custom startup_script.

Even though there are several issues with the clarisse.env file, it's good to know that I can set them this way.

Thanks,
Jeremy
jboissinot

Return to Scripting