Isotropix Forums

Creating shelf toolbar

Clarisse Scripting related topics

Re: Creating shelf toolbar

Unread postby jboissinot » Thu May 02, 2019 3:07 pm

Hi Benoit,

Just wanted to let you know that I finally found a way to properly set the Clarisse IX_SHELF_CONFIG_FILE and IX_SHELF_SCRIPT_PATH variables with Rez. Everything is working fine as it should and expected from what it's explained in the documentation. As such, setting the env variables this way was much more simpler and I therefore no longer need to do the shelf merge process. I can connect Clarisse to multiple shelves and set the scripts with their filename only.

The only thing I noticed though is that when I add the path of another shelf to the IX_SHELF_CONFIG_FILE variable, I was expecting to get the default Clarisse shelf and the one I added after launching the application, while only mine shows up for some reason. When we launch Clarisse by default, the clarisse.env file seems to be sourced to get the default shelf, but adding a shelf config file to the env variables seems to override the value of the variables that are set in the clarisse.env file. Not sure if this is a bug, but I had to add the default shelf config file in my Rez env config so that it does get loaded as well.

Another thing that I also noticed is that the IX_SHELF_CONFIG_FILE is not listed in the system tab of the Variables Editor when launching Clarisse by default, while it shows up when setting the environment outside of the clarisse.env file. Same thing here, I don't quite understand why the variable is not available by default and why the default shelf config file is not taken into account when adding other shelves in Rez.

Thanks,
Jeremy
jboissinot

Re: Creating shelf toolbar

Unread postby bvaldes » Fri May 03, 2019 8:01 am

Hi,

As I can't test it on my side, this will be only suppositions. I think that all the variables that start by IX_ are in the built-in tab of the variable editor.
About the fact that you loose the main shelf, I think that's because you have to append your shelf to the one that is contained in the IX_SHELF_CONFIG_FILE (not sure about that). In my view, I guess that IX_SHELF_CONFIG_FILE contain the default one and if you set IX_SHELF_CONFIG_FILE = new_shelf_path, you override the default one. You have to do something like IX_SHELF_CONFIG_FILE += ";" + new_shelf_path (this is python syntax so it may not fit to the way you work).

I am glad you found a way to work properly and you pointed the fact that Clarisse interpret the env variables. That mean that the issue is when Clarisse load the env file. I'll tell that to the engineers to help them to fix this properly.

Regards
Benoit VALDES
Isotropix
Clarisse QA
bvaldes

Previous

Return to Scripting