Isotropix Forums

Renderfarm for Clarisse

General Discussion about Isotropix and CG related topics

Re: Renderfarm for Clarisse

Unread postby David_A » Thu May 11, 2017 11:20 pm

paq wrote:
Hi David,

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about Clarisse PLE here, but about Rebus as trial service, using the free 10$ gift.
Torsten from Rebus said that indeed the Rebus watermark already gives troubles in the past, but I don't know if he can reproduce the 'bug'.

For me, once I upgraded my rebus account, everything was fixed. But I will do further test with other scenes today.

Yes! me too. I've been rendering with full licences on both sides (old Rebus customer), and I still get the .exr problem, so it should be something else I guess. I am using SP9 to fire renders at Rebus. Happened again just an hour ago.

tom_tm wrote:Hi,
while rendering itself runs very smoothly on the farm, does nobody has any problems uploading the scene out of Clarisse?
I always have to restart RebusDrop for uploading. As soon I restart Rebusdrop it starts uploading the project.
Probably it's a WIN10 issue?

Someone?

Yep! me, but not exactly as your case. It happened to me sometimes, specially with heavy scenes that contain a good load of referenced files. The RebusDrop app silently quits. Usually is just a matter of open it again to resume the upload. I've found out that to be safe one can Stop Syncing RebusDrop and once the export is finished, plug the Sync again in order to be uploaded safely (Anyway, regarding this matter I suspect more a bandwith problem other than a bug on either side)
David_A

Unread postby paq » Mon May 15, 2017 5:55 pm

Hello,

I have reported the data collection problem, including test scenes, when dealing with .abc,.vdb and .exr sequence ($F variable).
I hope they will find a way to resolve this 8-)

Ticket 2017051010001199
Last edited by paq on Tue May 16, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paq

Unread postby paq » Tue May 16, 2017 7:06 pm

Watch out, multi images output seems no supported yet (image sequence 'b' seems to overwrite image sequence 'a', or something like that).
Ticket 2017051610001455

//Edit

So there is no frame lost, but a manual re-download is required.
Destination folders path are not preserved (so all the images finish in the same directory, apparently the one from the first output image).

The issue is reported.

++
paq

Unread postby tom_tm » Sat May 20, 2017 9:57 pm

I had some problems with Alembic Files losing alternating it s shading randomly from frame to frame.
I reported the issue to Rebusfarm. If I render the file local, there is no problem at all.

You can see the problem here: https://www.ayashmi.com/flicker.mp4
The scene just contains standard material with color.
tom_tm

Unread postby paq » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:20 pm

Hello,

Anyone else can confirm that Clarisse is not supported anymore on RebusFarm ? I haven't use the service since a while, but that's the message I receive when I try to submit a job. (3.6 SP2 - Last rebus sorftware 2.0)

And if so Is there any alternative ?

Cheers.
paq

Unread postby sam » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:55 pm

Hi paq

Rebusfarm no longer supports Clarisse. Here are the ones that support Clarisse: https://www.isotropix.com/products/cnode#webrenderfarm
Sam Assadian
Isotropix
CEO/Founder
sam

Unread postby paq » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:05 pm

Ho I wasn't aware about this page, thanks for the Sunday support, I really appreciate !
paq

Unread postby mzofx » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:22 pm

Hi, I want to try to render some animations with AWS and Deadline. The Amazon documentation seems rather complicated and oriented to system administrators rather than to individual artists. Does anybody know if a simplified step by step guide for an individual artist actually exists?
mzofx

Unread postby tom_tm » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:43 am

I can also recommend Conductor as Cloud Rendering, their transmission tool for Clarisse is really great.
https://www.conductortech.com/
tom_tm

Unread postby Kramon » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:01 pm

Conductor looks really awesome! how those it work when u have reference files all over your HDD? does it manage to send all of those or u have to make al reference to be in 1 folder?
Kramon

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion