Isotropix Forums

OSL Noise Collection !

Clarisse related tips and tricks

Re: OSL Noise Collection !

Unread postby cattell » Thu May 17, 2018 8:14 am

hi!
I just tried these out as they seem super-useful but can't get them to display as expected in a scene.
The noise shows up correctly in the texture view, but when applied to a material and viewed in 3d view or an image, every noise looks like salt and pepper noise (though with a different value range for each noise)
I have tried plugging into a few different materials in addition to the one in the project, and adjusting mapping method, scale and other parameters.
Any ideas how to make them work?
I'm using 3.6 SP1 Build 2d553540b.

thanks
Nick
cattell

Unread postby gjennings » Thu May 17, 2018 9:50 am

Hi,

tried it and seems to work - adjust the noise frequency instead of the UV scale :)
Cheers,
Greg
gjennings

Unread postby cattell » Thu May 17, 2018 11:21 am

thanks for the quick response Greg :)
yes I got it to do something at least. None of the UV or other mapping modes affect the shader, but the osl controls do, which is good!
the scale seems to be super-small, which explains why the texture was showing up as hi-freq noise by default, for example I have to set a value of 0.0005 to get a result that is useable in the scene. also the scale param seems to be inverted ie the smaller the value, the bigger the apparent size of features. Is this expected behaviour, or am I doing something stupid?
cheers
n
cattell

Unread postby Akam » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:02 pm

Thanks for sharing Greg, very nice noise collection!
Akam

Previous

Return to Tips and Tricks