Isotropix Forums

Run Clarisse by remote desktop is possible?

Clarisse related tips and tricks

Run Clarisse by remote desktop is possible?

Unread postby Refik » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:08 am

Hi guys!

I'm trying to run Clarisse on a remote desktop (this is our office computer for rendering) ..
but unfortunately the application in this case can not work and after the start it gives an error and closes ..
But at the same time if I go to my computer with my feet - I'll run Clarisse (leaving it loaded) .. and then I go to this computer through a remote desktop - then in this case everything works ..)

Can eat any better way out of this? Since when I'm at home, and not in the office, then I'll just have the option to run Clarice remotely ..

Thank you !
Refik

Re: Run Clarisse by remote desktop is possible?

Unread postby mdkai » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:05 pm

What OS and remote tool are you using ?

There should be no difference for clarisse if launched remotely or with some at the machine...

Maybe it is a permission issue if you login as a different user (remote user) ? Is python properly installed as well for the user ?
What's the specific procedure for you to login ?

I sometimes use team viewer and that works without a problem ...
mdkai

Unread postby Refik » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:30 am

Hello again!

I'm using windows 10. I also use the classic Windows application - "Remote Desktop Connection" - to use it for all our applications: 3d max, Maya, and others - and there's no problem with them.

As for the python, I just installed the Clarisse 3.6 sp1 (the python was also installed from the package) .. Maybe you need to install something else?

the key point is when I run Clarisse on that computer (not remotely) and leave it open, after which I connect remotely to this computer - and everything works with it .. The problem is that I can not run Clarisse (by remote) on The moment the interface loads, it freezes, and after that the program closes.
Refik

Unread postby julien » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:44 am

Hi,
We often use remote tools internally to start Clarisse and it always works well. Most of the time we are using Chrome remote desktop but we used to use classic Windows remoting before that.
Did you already try chrome remote desktop?

Cheers
julien

Unread postby Refik » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:53 am

Hello!

Definitely, it does not work for me, not a classic application, and even with Chrome Remote Destop.
Guys why is it so difficult? In working with other 3D applications, there are no problems ..

On the first picture - Clarisse booted through Chrome Remote Desktop, but the viewport window does not work - there is no response .. and to the fact that a huge delay of about 2 seconds between actions - I would have immediately refused it.
a3.jpg

The second picture is loading through the classic Windows 10 application - and as you can see, the interface is frozen at the time of loading - and then the Clarisse is closed.
a4.JPG

I need a solution - the best of them is to stay on the classic Windows application ..
p.s. I have a feeling that the problem is related to the fact that a remote desktop loads a window in 256 colors mode (or something related to it) ..
Refik

Unread postby mdkai » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:38 am

Either try Teamviewer , which works fine for me from any machine and OS type.
Or try another machine to make sure it's not related to.
I have the feeling it is, because the remote screen shows no icons ..are you really sure python , environment variables and permissions are really set ? Is there any security application running that prevents access to certain folders while remoting ?

Maybe try to get Team viewer, log in locally , then start a remote session to evaluate.

Hope this helps
mdkai

Unread postby Refik » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:11 am

I already wrote that everything works when I try to do this locally .. it does not work only in the case of a remote desktop. Therefore everything is set correctly, including the python naturally - otherwise the program would not work in all cases.

ideal work without delays in the actions, in our case only when working with the classic Windows application .. everything else should not be considered

What other environment variables are there for? Is not it enough to install the Clarisse for stable work?
Refik

Return to Tips and Tricks