Isotropix Forums

Camera Vertical tilt Correction

Clarisse related tips and tricks

Camera Vertical tilt Correction

Unread postby Refik » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:28 am

Good time !

I would like to try Clarisse in architectural visualization .. Before working in 3d max - I often used "automatic verticals tilt correction" (or manually).

I would like to understand - how can I align the verticals of the camera with Clarisse? I have not found the same settings as in the camera's VRay rendering or default Physical Camera in 3d max. Is this even possible in Clarisse ?
Refik

Re: Camera Vertical tilt Correction

Unread postby gjennings » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:10 am

Hi Refik,

we currently don't have this feature in Clarisse but it's a good suggestion and we will take it into account.
Thanks,

Greg
gjennings

Unread postby Refik » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:17 pm

Hi, gjennings!
I will be glad to see it, I will wait with impatience)
Thank you !
Refik

Unread postby mdkai » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:34 pm

As a matter of fact they already have it, but its not under that name ;)

Use the camera "shear" value which will skew the image in a way that is similar to tilt-shift compensation.
I did a test and it worked perfectly fine.
mdkai

Unread postby Refik » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:07 am

Hello!
I tried this trick - but in my case it does not work. Can you show a simple example?
If we are talking about sequencing - and I will have an animated camera, then I think it will not help me much. Maybe I'm wrong )
Refik

Unread postby mdkai » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:13 am

Sorry I missed your reply

I did my test with an abc camera and not a native clarisse one...
I found that the clarisse cam does not allow for an offset to rotate or skew around ... this will move the viewpoint away from the target of interest and even a constraint can't do anything...
You can offset any pivot of clarisse cameras but the skew does not utilize that offset pivot but always the one on the sensor area ...

I can set something up tonight when I'm back home with an abc camera or you can try for yourself.

@clarisse team
Is this a bug or a known limitation ? Shouldn't the offset in any camera also translate to the skew ?
mdkai

Return to Tips and Tricks