Isotropix Forums

Houdini instancing -> Clarisse workflow

General Discussion about Isotropix and CG related topics

Houdini instancing -> Clarisse workflow

Unread postby enquel » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:29 pm

Welcome,

can someone point me to a direction of converting Houdini scenes with instancing into Clarisse scenes?

I manage to export the scene into Alembic, pipe that in into Clarisse, then create Scatterer and point my instance object as a geometry to scatter.

The problem is, I also need to be able to transform point-cloud specific attributes onto the instanced objects: I want the instanced geometry to have proper normals, scale, and color. Is Clarisse able to read Houdini point attributes?

Thank you in advance
enquel

Re: Houdini instancing -> Clarisse workflow

Unread postby enquel » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:52 pm

Sorry guys for double posting, I have found a solution here:
viewtopic.php?p=2319

Going further with the workflow: could anyone point me to a resource how to write a parser that would automatically configure scatterers, create extracted properties, provided that my point clouds and object to instance on them share names, and differ with suffixes?
enquel

Re: Houdini instancing -> Clarisse workflow

Unread postby bvaldes » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:26 pm

Hello,

Clarisse provide lot of scripts in the shelf. All of these scripts are written in python and you can open them by drag and drop in the script editor widget. An example of what you ask already exists in the shelf>scattering>ScatterPaint.

This script is more complex because it creates a particle container and set the tools to paint immediately. Moreover, the script create a full scatterer setup with extract property node and connect them to the scatterer.

Take a look to this script to have a nice example and if some information are missing, feel free to ask.

Regards,
Benoit VALDES
Isotropix
Clarisse QA
bvaldes

Return to General Discussion