Isotropix Forums

Can I duplicate 3D layers?

General Discussion about Isotropix and CG related topics

Can I duplicate 3D layers?

Unread postby mettam » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:08 pm

I have a main image node that has a 3D layer called "background". I want to duplicate that "background" 3D layer and call it "test", So I can turn off the "background" layer and turn on the "test" layer, for testing selected elements while keeping all the filters and light selections the same.

I haven't been able to duplicate the 3D layer. Is it possible to do this ?
mettam

Re: Can I duplicate 3D layers?

Unread postby mdkai » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:25 pm

Hi
well you could duplicate your 3D layer, by simply going into the layer editor, RMB and then duplicate the layer.

However i think you should rather consider to use a second image element.
You can instance it and override just the parts you wish to change.
Attributes in italic are indicating that they are instanced values. Just click RMB and select "localize" to be able to change that attribute.

Now you have two identical images, but they can have different geometrie groups, resolution or raytracer etc.. !

Just have a look at the video here
https://www.isotropix.com/learn/tutoria ... dev-setups

It explains in great detail how to manage and work with multiple Images, sharing attributes.
mdkai

Re: Can I duplicate 3D layers?

Unread postby esmith » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:40 pm

Hello, yes as mdkai says, for what you are trying to do it's much better to instntiate your render image by right clicking on it and selecting "Instantiate". It will duplicate it as a total instance, but by right clicking on any attribute you can select localize. You can localize the "filter" section to turn off all your filters in the new instantiated render image.
esmith

Return to General Discussion