Isotropix Forums

install on Ubuntu 20

General Discussion about Isotropix and CG related topics

install on Ubuntu 20

Unread postby matevil » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:09 pm

Hi there,

I'm new in Clarisse and I'm looking how to install it in Ubuntu (yes, I'm new also on it).

I download the PLE and try to run the "clarise.bin" but desn't work and I didn't find any information on it, how can I install it?

thanks
Mat

ps.. I check it's certificated for CentOS (rpm package) but I read someone running it on deb... so...
matevil

Re: install on Ubuntu 20

Unread postby sam » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:05 pm

Hi there,

We do not offer support on other distro than Centos. You should join Clarisse unofficial discord channel to get some help.
https://discord.gg/he8QTvD

Good luck
Sam Assadian
Isotropix
CEO/Founder
sam

Unread postby mzofx » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:55 pm

Check out this thread https://forum.isotropix.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5512&p=20171&hilit=ubuntu#p20171 where in the past I had this problem and there I shared the solution about how to install on 19.04. It should work for the latest Ubuntu version as well. It's very simple and you have to do it only once. Then every time you download a new version of Clarisse, it will work out of the box.

matevil wrote:Hi there,

I'm new in Clarisse and I'm looking how to install it in Ubuntu (yes, I'm new also on it).

I download the PLE and try to run the "clarise.bin" but desn't work and I didn't find any information on it, how can I install it?

thanks
Mat

ps.. I check it's certificated for CentOS (rpm package) but I read someone running it on deb... so...
mzofx

Unread postby matevil » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:52 pm

@sam - ok, thank you for your reply.

@mzofx - ok, thanks for your message and for the link, I go to read it and see what's happen.. and, yes, I know more industry works on CentOS, but I know some others works on DEB package and I prefer it because I found a lot of information and more funny respect DEB (I love Fedora, but in this last time I prefer and I want invest more time on Ubuntu). I give you a little hand ups soon.

Mat
matevil

Unread postby paq » Thu May 07, 2020 11:08 pm

Just a reminder for me too :)

sudo apt-get install libtinfo5 libncurses5
sudo apt install python2.7-dev
Edit /home/USERNAME/.isotropix/clarisse/clarisse.env

PYTHONHOME=/usr/
PYTHONPATH=PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/python2.7:/usr/lib/python2.7/plat-linux2:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-old:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload:/usr/lib64/python2.7:/usr/lib64/python2.7/plat-linux2:/usr/lib64/python2.7/lib-tk:/usr/lib64/python2.7/lib-old:/usr/lib64/python2.7/lib-dynload:$CLARISSE_BIN_DIR/python:/usr/local/lib/python2.7
paq

Unread postby mzofx » Sun May 17, 2020 8:18 am

Hi again, sorry for the confusion. I pointed you to that thread because it includes a post where I listed the detailed steps for installing Clarisse on Ubuntu. The thread then continued with a conversation about the VFX industry and Linux distributions but that wasn’t why I pointed you there; you must have missed the relevant post, which anyway pretty much listed the same steps that @paq then listed again in this thread. I hope you were able to install Clarisse successfully by now. By the way, Clarisse for Linux comes as a compressed archive and not as a package such as DEB or RPM; to install you simply have to uncompress it in a folder and then follow the steps mentioned above. Let me know if you need further help.

matevil wrote:
@mzofx - ok, thanks for your message and for the link, I go to read it and see what's happen.. and, yes, I know more industry works on CentOS, but I know some others works on DEB package and I prefer it because I found a lot of information and more funny respect DEB (I love Fedora, but in this last time I prefer and I want invest more time on Ubuntu). I give you a little hand ups soon.

Mat
mzofx

Return to General Discussion